Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I put some “resonators” on my car which is N/A and it didn’t quiet it as much as i hoped, but I’m converting to supercharged over the winter which means I will be lowering compression... peak power will be more though. I’m curious what to expect, can I expect a quieter overall car? Louder? Or not much change

Thanks

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I would say it will be a lot louder

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it will be louder from 3000rpm and up but what about under 3000? Wouldn’t it be quieter due to low compression and low boost at low rpm?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I know it will be louder from 3000rpm and up but what about under 3000? Wouldn’t it be quieter due to low compression and low boost at low rpm?
Not cruising it won't be. It will still be louder. Yeah stay less than half throttle and it'll sound normal-ish. But I've never heard of that happening in the history of everdom and blowers.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Also, what’s “low compression” vs your NA deal?
Don’t bother with that 8.0 stuff from 20 years ago.
9.5 minimum on a street car. If not 10 depending on your combo and goals.

It’s going to be loud regardless. ALL blowers are. Unless it’s a b&m lol.

What’s the combo ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now it’s a 13.5:1 383 sbc in a 73 camaro bracket car... I recently got out of bracket racing and am putting it on the street and will be going 9.5:1 with an f1 procharger. Now it makes 600 ish HP and will make 900-1k fwhp with the F1... I am in the process of installing some “mufflers” from stainless headers company, guys in which I highly recommend for anything header related due to their amazing customer service... the mufflers are straight thru oval with stainless mesh (a glass pack basically)... BUT! They are 36” long, so about three times longer than most glass packs, so I am really hopeful that the car will be streetable. That’s all I’m shooting for. Would corvette quiet be nice? Yea, but I can’t fit mufflers as I am re using/modifying my fender exit headers and putting these bad boys under the rockers like a viper... it’s actually quite badass. The car was open headers when it was a bracket car, I’m hoping the 36” long str8 throughs just make it somewhat streetable. I sure hope so because they better be worth the added weight!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Less compression = need more airflow to make same power at idle/light throttle/cruise = using slightly more throttle opening than before. Basically end result is it won't really be any quieter at idle and part throttle. Will sound less "crisp" especially at idle though. As much as I enjoy all the power adder builds I do these days, I really do miss the sound of the high compression NA builds that used to be far more common 15-20 years ago.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I can text you a video (if I still have it ) of my previous combo 9.3 CR f1C Procharger sbf running. 3” exhaust to the diff with borla XR1’s.

It sounded amazing at idle and slow speeds and was unreal loud on the highway. Lol. It made 900rwhp.

Dm me your cell number if you want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is a 9:2 dynamic, before boost. 2" primaries, 3.5" dual exhaust, dynomax bullets. 1013 at crank 438, 871 blower. Even at idle, she sounds good and everybody knows she's a nasty bitch. You jump on the skinny pedal, it gets ludicrous. Pretty massive cam which helps with exhaust note, but either way I'm sure you'll be fine happy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Its really loud!! I run 4" with Dynomax mufflers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts