Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
DamCoonass
15,182 Posts
I would like to know if I can run the 1990s brogie roadster in super street with weight added of course?
Not the way I read the rules posted unless it has a top & functioning doors.

Pics of the Brogie.

I drove 1 of the 1st cantilever cars WAAY back & that car was one of the sweetest driving cars I’ve ever been in.

·
Registered
524 Posts
There are plenty of cars running with no top. The so called Street Roadsters didn't have a top on them. We have one guy in D4 that runs a real C2 Corvette Convertible in SST. I'm sorry but I can't give you an explanation for the Brogie.

·
T/S 368E
30,616 Posts

Didn't all this drama start when a guy took one of those S/G roadsters with a 1 piece body, and cut doors into it??

I swear I heard they wanted to make S/ST a beginners, learners class, and very cheap to compete in??

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Originally all of the .90 classes were supposed to be inexpensive to build and race. Not so much anymore. One of my friends races SG with an ex pro stock truck with an all aluminum 632. its a bad ass ride for sure. its capable of high 7 second runs off of the stop.

·
T/S 368E
30,616 Posts

When I was still racing S/G, which I sucked at, I was pitted next to a guy that had just bought Warren Johnsons P/S.
I mean literally with in the last few month's, which even back then was not cheap!!
The best of everything to run a frigging index class that paid nothing if you won!!!

I thought the guy was nuts, but it's his money, and none of our business what he does with it!!

·
Registered
524 Posts

When I was still racing S/G, which I sucked at, I was pitted next to a guy that had just bought Warren Johnsons P/S.
I mean literally with in the last few month's, which even back then was not cheap!!
The best of everything to run a frigging index class that paid nothing if you won!!!

I thought the guy was nuts, but it's his money, and none of our business what he does with it!!

Hell he sounds pretty fucking smart compared to me.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Some intersting comments that are not totally accurate here for sure. I ran S/St for a few years, won a Division Championship and was a division runner up. ANY left hand steer roadster IS allowed to run S/St. I don't agree with it and not many out there but D6 has two of them I know of. One is the aforementioned Don Davis Camaro roadster of Cannons and Jerry Denton has a Brogie Style roadster he runs as well. Neither have doors or a roof, both were S/G cars at one point. It is a heads up .500 pro tree index class where NHRA "picks" your dial. From 10.90 to 11.50(altitude corrected)depending on where the race is being run. The rulebook many years ago did state it was an entry level class, which is now gone. Hell these days most entry level people seem to be in S/C, straight from JR Dragsters :) Minimum weight is 2800lbs and you can run as fast or slow as you like. People win both ways. I have seen and raced cars as slow as 114mph and as fast as 164(seen [email protected]).

81 - 89 of 89 Posts