Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
DamCoonass
15,045 Posts
Sorry I didn't clarify about fenders and hoods on the Roadsters.
Ya having to have a top & functional doors kinda takes them out of the mix.

·
Registered
17,357 Posts
Not you.

It's the guy that said that each racer had to qualify to make it into the field. It's all run. He's preaching and doesn't have a clue.

469C, like the truck!
read post my post #25 where I said " not at Divisional, but at national event"........THEN read #30 and #32 . If what SST469C said is correct in his post 30&32 ( i know he is) that means you do not have a clue. IDIOT

·
Registered
863 Posts
Read Post# 21 and I'm the idiot?

Please explain how it works at Nat or Div races. I must be really confused, but I hardly doubt it. The hardest part is entering.

Explain it to us simple folk! Thanks

Have a great day.

😨

·
Registered
863 Posts
read post my post #25 where I said " not at Divisional, but at national event"........THEN read #30 and #32 . If what SST469C said is correct in his post 30&32 ( i know he is) that means you do not have a clue. IDIOT
469C is correct regarding Post #30 & #32. He hasn't said anything incorrect this whole post.

You, not so much.

I only comment on things that I am confident to submit a reply, unlike you evidently.

So,tell us how qualifying works. I might try some Super class racing next year and would hate to be wrong.

Thanks
Yours truly, Signed "IDIOT".

·
Registered
17,357 Posts
469C is correct regarding Post #30 & #32. He hasn't said anything incorrect this whole post.

You, not so much.

I only comment on things that I am confident to submit a reply, unlike you evidently.

So,tell us how qualifying works. I might try some Super class racing next year and would hate to be wrong.

Thanks
Yours truly, Signed "IDIOT".
if SST469C is correct about post 32 and 33 ( I know he is) why did you say in your post #66 that I did not have a clue about having to qualify? And if you read post 25 I said the same thing as SST469C said. Be honest when you answer if you are man enough, what have I said that was wrong ?

·
Registered
863 Posts
LMAO "not a difficult class to run" ..."cut a bulb and run the number is the name of the game" You are spot on, That is ALL you have to do after you qualify (if more than a full field) , Any idea what the bump et is? Then you only need to be dead on with a .003 and be .005 or better on the tree. Yea its an easy class to run, 8 thou packages or better round after round are easy peasy. This holds true for any of the.90 classes. Hell if it was that easy, everyone would be a "big buck bracket race" winner sooner or later ( same principle cut light run #).You really need your shit together to win at the local weekly bracket race now days, let alone at a "big buck race" its times 10 in one of the .90 classes. I am not trying to bash you , JMO
Did you not say above:

”You are spot on, That is ALL you have to do after you qualify (if more than a full field) , Any idea what the bump et is? " ?

You are talking like a past champion when you don't know.

YOU DON'T QUALIFY DURING TIME TRIALS!
RANDOM PAIRINGS FIRST ROUND!
LADDER IS SET AFTER FIRST ROUND ETS!
IT'S THE SAME FOR NATIONALS AND DIVISONALS!

The hardest part is entering a national event due to grade points depending what event you want to enter.

I think I'm man enough to discuss but I'm going to call someone out if they are wrong.

Best of luck with your future racing endeavors!

PS: No need to call anyone an idiot in this section. I can discuss topics as an adult.

Best of luck with your racing endeavors!

·
Registered
17,357 Posts
Did you not say above:

”You are spot on, That is ALL you have to do after you qualify (if more than a full field) , Any idea what the bump et is? " ?

You are talking like a past champion when you don't know.

YOU DON'T QUALIFY DURING TIME TRIALS!
RANDOM PAIRINGS FIRST ROUND!
LADDER IS SET AFTER FIRST ROUND ETS!
IT'S THE SAME FOR NATIONALS AND DIVISONALS!

The hardest part is entering a national event due to grade points depending what event you want to enter.

I think I'm man enough to discuss but I'm going to call someone out if they are wrong.

Best of luck with your future racing endeavors!

PS: No need to call anyone an idiot in this section. I can discuss topics as an adult.

Best of luck with your racing endeavors!
I should not have called you a name, I apologize. Who is on this ladder? The 16 or 32 guys/gals closest to 10.9000 ? or all 100 cars that show up at the national event on the ladder ? ( I know that 100 do not show up but they could) So SST469 was wrong in his post 30 and 32, is that what you are saying

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,099 Posts
I should not have called you a name, I apologize. Who is on this ladder? The 16 or 32 guys/gals closest to 10.9000 ? or all 100 cars that show up at the national event on the ladder ? ( I know that 100 do not show up but they could) So SST469 was wrong in his post 30 and 32, is that what you are saying
All that show-up run. Same goes for S/Gas and S/Comp. Anyone that gets through first round is put on a ladder based on their first round ET, closest to the Index is #1 on the ladder, and work it from there.
My head does hurt from reading you guys fighting, chill, it ain't worth it! :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Every one thay races at a divisional race, show up and pay and race.
National Events are different. You need to have grade points to enter. Depending on what event they can vary. A grade point is attending a Divisional race. Some need seven, some don't need any.
Super Street is a little different since there is only one National per division.

After first round has run, they put the field on a ladder. Number one is closest to the .90 index.
It follows down the winners first round closest to .90 until breakout winners. Breakout winners go to the bottom of the field.

In my opinion, you can win from wherever. Qualifying doesn't mean a thing, it just creates a ladder for the rest of the race.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
17,357 Posts
All that show-up run. Same goes for S/Gas and S/Comp. Anyone that gets through first round is put on a ladder based on their first round ET, closest to the Index is #1 on the ladder, and work it from there.
My head does hurt from reading you guys fighting, chill, it ain't worth it! :)
ok mike, So they do basically have to qualify only 1st round is "their qualifying pass" and closest to 10.9000 is #1 and so on down the ladder.That is what I have been saying other than the first rd part? So only the 16 or 32 closest to 10.9000 make it on the ladder . I am done. No more posts on this subject from me. Back to my first post #21,all I was saying is the class is NOT easy, super skilled racing is going happening on both ends of the track

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would like to know if I can run the 1990s brogie roadster in super street with weight added of course?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,099 Posts
All the .90 Classes are all-run at NHRA Divisional and National Events. But as mentioned above, you need enough Grade Points to even enter........... No ladder first round, that starts second round.

Stock, Super Stock, Comp, they are Performance-Based Classes that have to qualify and are put on a ladder prior to first round. Events like Indy fill-up and they only take 128 cars, those that don't qualify now have an expensive pass to watch the race, they don't get their entry money back!

All National Events have quotas also, some only allow 64 cars to enter (not an issue in Comp anymore). So you need enough Grade Points to enter, and first-come first-served. Even if you want to enter early, the people with 6 or more grade points get first shot. As the event gets closer, you need fewer Grade Points to enter, but you have to hope the quota hasn't been met yet. It is a crazy situation as those of you that have run National Events are all to aware of!

I have raced Stock and Super Street at Divisional Events, never bothered with the National Events, not for me.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Dom,

It's an all run class for first round. If 36 cars race first round, 18 will come back for second round and then be placed on a ladder until completion of the race. If there were 128 cars first round, 64 would be in second round on a ladder as described earlier.

There are pro ladders and sportsman ladders. That will really make your head spin. Maybe a different day. Lol

Not trying to be an asshole ( I kind of am though), but just trying to help and correct your misinformation.
Look at dragracercentral.com for more info. Look at the divisional results.

I should be asleep right now, but that's another story.

Take care

61 - 80 of 89 Posts