Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Everything I told you in my previous post is how it works in super street. Not trying to argue with you about it. It’s a good class and the guys that run it have a lot of fun. It’s not my cup of tea. Not a big fan of the throttle stop classes. I race super stock at the same divisional and national events that the super street its race. NHRA considers it a entry level class. Are you thinking about running super street
NHRA does not consider it an Entry Level class. Years ago they did and had restrictions that said if you ran another class you couldn't run Super Street. That was back in the day when guys like Scotty Richardson and others would race it and clean house. Whiners got the rule changed so they couldn't. It's been several years since they lifted the restrictions. There are plenty of good and well accomplished racers in Street. Such as Gary Stinnet and Tommy Phillips on a regular basis. I've seen Dan Fletcher and even Dave Connely race it. When you walk the lanes in Super Street you see a bunch of older guys with some of the coolest cars on the property. Also in my opinion as many others will tell you Super Comp is the new entry level. I'm sure as hell not saying Super Comp is easy. It seems more and more these days that the Junior Dragster kids jump right into a Big Dragster.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
NHRA does not consider it an Entry Level class. Years ago they did and had restrictions that said if you ran another class you couldn't run Super Street. That was back in the day when guys like Scotty Richardson and others would race it and clean house. Whiners got the rule changed so they couldn't. It's been several years since they lifted the restrictions. There are plenty of good and well accomplished racers in Street. Such as Gary Stinnet and Tommy Phillips on a regular basis. I've seen Dan Fletcher and even Dave Connely race it. When you walk the lanes in Super Street you see a bunch of older guys with some of the coolest cars on the property. Also in my opinion as many others will tell you Super Comp is the new entry level. I'm sure as hell not saying Super Comp is easy. It seems more and more these days that the Junior Dragster kids jump right into a Big Dragster.
You might be right on the super comp thing. LOL. There is tough racers in every class in NHRA. It is not easy to go rounds. S/St was always considered the place to start just for the fact that it was a slower index class and quite a few bracket type cars would fit. Now with the throttle stops and high MPH cars maybe that's not the case anymore. I am pretty sure S/St has to still be a door car at 2800 lbs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You can run a left steer Roadster but you don't see many anymore. All V-8 powered cars are 2800lbs period. 4 and 6 cylinder cars can way less I can't remember right off hand how much the weight break is.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You can run a left steer Roadster but you don't see many anymore. All V-8 powered cars are 2800lbs period. 4 and 6 cylinder cars can way less I can't remember right off hand how much the weight break is.
That’s strange because S/G is mostly left steer roadsters. Maybe they don’t work as well at the heavier weight?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think it’s Nikki Cannon that’s running a S/G style late model Roadster in Div 6. There would have to weight added all over the car for sure.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm
I think it’s Nikki Cannon that’s running a S/G style late model Roadster in Div 6. There would have to weight added all over the car for sure.
I thought this year nhra made roadsters illegal in super gas? I think older brogie roadsters and conventional 27t should be allowed, not so much the high mph corvettes.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm
I thought this year nhra made roadsters illegal in super gas? I think older brogie roadsters and conventional 27t should be allowed, not so much the high mph corvettes.
Nope, Roadsters not illegal, where did you hear that? They are the weapon of choice in S/G they out number the door cars. I know, we run a door car in S/G

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,099 Posts
Nope, Roadsters not illegal, where did you hear that? They are the weapon of choice in S/G they out number the door cars. I know, we run a door car in S/G
They are talking about people running them in Super Street. I am not sure if left-steer roadsters are allowed in that class. Certainly in Super Gas and Super Comp.

·
Registered
884 Posts
They are talking about people running them in Super Street. I am not sure if left-steer roadsters are allowed in that class. Certainly in Super Gas and Super Comp.
Mike, check his post #46 again, he said he thought NHRA made Roadsters Illegal in S/G this year. And yes, left hand steer roadsters are allowed (as long as they have full fenders and weigh 2800+)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mike, check his post #46 again, he said he thought NHRA made Roadsters Illegal in S/G this year. And yes, left hand steer roadsters are allowed (as long as they have full fenders and weigh 2800+)
I meant to say super street in my post . sorry.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I just checked the 2020 rulebook so we can all have the correct info. Sec 8(Super Street 10.90) first paragraph states " Street Roadsters are allowed"

·
Registered
863 Posts

Unless what I just shown from the NHRA website is incorrect, some of you make your own rules.

I never raced any Super class but I know how qualifying works, unlike the know it all with a chip on his shoulder. First round winners determine the qualifying and the ladder. Prove me wrong.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Have a great night all!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts