Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any 10.90 guys out there - see alot of fast racers on this site - I have always wanted to try my hand in div 3 super street - been away from racing brackets for about 10 years - haven't sold the car - can you believe it - getting the mothballs off the car ( kinda hard to see them ) - always wanted to go 10.90 racing - I have a command center and an air throttle control on an enderly injected 427 - what am I up against out there ? can a 130 mph guy survive ?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Hell yeah my car ran 10.90's at a buck thirty and I dished out a many FAT L's. Even won the division and had a RU at a national event. Just stay focused, hit the tree hard and drive the finish line. This was when superstreet used a 4 tenths tree like SG, SC.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i walk thru the super class field at national events and see more throttle controls - plates and gagets than you can shake a stick at - it seems overkill for 10.90 - just seems like it doesn't need to be that complicated - hit the tree run your number - good luck other lane - am I over simplifying this ?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
i walk thru the super class field at national events and see more throttle controls - plates and gagets than you can shake a stick at - it seems overkill for 10.90 - just seems like it doesn't need to be that complicated - hit the tree run your number - good luck other lane - am I over simplifying this ?
Nope not over simplifying at all. Exactly! Hit the tree hard and run the number/tight package.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like super street it's a great class and yea I have all the bells and whistle because my car all out is a 8:70/8:80 player . 10:90 I run 147-150. When I built it I also wanted to be able to run super gas because they don't always run super street at nationals . Also when I first started there were just a handful of us running that fast , now seems like most are right there speed wise.

·
Registered
130 Posts
:-damnitNot that easy. You have cars running 150-155mph. Hard to judge them if you are slower. Harder than you think. If it was that easy everyone would be winning Wally's. Electronics have screwed up all index racing. You have to have them to be competitive.

·
Registered
558 Posts
:-damnitNot that easy. You have cars running 150-155mph. Hard to judge them if you are slower. Harder than you think. If it was that easy everyone would be winning Wally's. Electronics have screwed up all index racing. You have to have them to be competitive.
Exactly :-damnit

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like super street it's a great class and yea I have all the bells and whistle because my car all out is a 8:70/8:80 player . 10:90 I run 147-150. When I built it I also wanted to be able to run super gas because they don't always run super street at nationals . Also when I first started there were just a handful of us running that fast , now seems like most are right there speed wise.
does a car this fast require require something different to keep it running 10.90 as opposed to my 130 mph car - more than just a simple throttle control ?- you are on the stop a long time - is the air throttle control enough ? - running that quick am i hard to judge by you when i only run 130 ?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I am a Super Street racer out here in Division 7. It is a great class with mostly great people(always has to be a dick or two). IMO you can be more than competitive in a 130MPH car once you can dial it, trust it and hit the tree. I say come on out and give it a shot, dont get discouraged if it does not go well right off the bat hang in there. Pay attenttion and work on your program. It will come, and once you start turning on win lights frequently the haters will come as well.

Here is my S/ST clunker. We have had some succes the last few years and the haters are doing there thing lately too.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Super Street is by far my favorite class of them all. My dream class and I really want to drive in that.
But having a street legal almost daily driver car, running in super street. Makes it pretty bad for dialing it in for 10.90's etc. Doesn't work that way.
So I'll have to buy a pue S/ST car some time... But house first etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
didn't mean to make it sound easy - i know how hard it is to put a good package together - my experience - 6 good rounds and one lucky round usually wins it - b1valant thank you for the encouragement , I am going to try to run some divisional races next year - i'll be wearing the duck suit

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
I've seen guys do quite well with a bolt under the throttle pedal!...
I've done so so with the controller and air shifter as well!...

As has been said............................go .00 take .00!... *piece of cake*

·
Void
84,163 Posts
I raced S/ST since 2001 to 2007. Best class out there for sportsman racing. IMO. If you want my advice, learn how to drink and eat, and dial your car off a weather station.

10.90 @ 149 and some change.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
If you want an easy round win come to D-1 and follow me to the lanes. I love it, not a lot of racing for the whole weekend spent but it's a great time with great people.

Maybe it would be more racing if I went some rounds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts