Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
is that the blue colored fuel?
i've used that in my high compression jetskis and never had a problem
builder that re-did the engine was impressed on how long i went between refreshes too, said he can tell good fuel was used (and good oil)
shelve life was good
ran it in one car and didn't have any issues, but it was overkill

i also have not had issues with the purple fuel either, but chose blue so i had the ability to swap domes to increase compression when i wanted to

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I believe MAx is red 114, blue 112 and purple 110
ahhhh ok
i know there was a supreme version out that mentions being great for high heat environment, to protect vapor lock
id i do a rebuild on the engine in the car i was planning to look at that as an option

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,909 Posts
I have run Sunoco Blue (Supreme) and Maximal (Red) in my car. I found that I had to run the Maximal about .2 A/F leaner to make the car run the same as it did on the Blue. Some people say too much octane is bad, well, not for my combo. It is a SBC 427, 14.5:1 compression, 23* heads. I made a pass one day on Blue, pumped the remainder out, put in Red, set the target AFR a little leaner, can ran almost identical ET/MPH on both fuels.
When I ran nitrous I always used the Maximal, was only $1/gallon more back then.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I liked it in my car and my finding was the carburetor was equal between the blue and red. I COULD have jetted it 1 or 2 down, but it ran fine so I left it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts