Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I know guys dont like spraying a bunch on the maximal, but me and my dad have both used it for a few years at similar hp numbers to the previous post.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am using the maximal right now and i just wanting to know has any had problems with this or if i shouldnt be using this and should be using the maxnos. havent had any problems yet with the maximal just looking for somebody that knows more than me to let me know this is good to go or not.

thanks for you response liberator

·
RED ROCKET
8,634 Posts
i used the maximal for a long time..up to a conv head 598 with a 550hp tune up with 2 kits with no problems...built a 632 with spreadport heads and the same 2 kits and started lifting ringland every time out...swapped to maxnos with no other changes and no more lifted lands..and i have sprayed alot more hp with no problems.

i think i reached the limit of the maximal..

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
The maximal is built primarily for high Comp high rpm N/A engines(16-1) stuff that you want the fuel to burn off quickly. If you spraying over a 200-250 shot on a high HP engine I suggest the maxnos.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
i used the maximal for a long time..up to a conv head 598 with a 550hp tune up with 2 kits with no problems...built a 632 with spreadport heads and the same 2 kits and started lifting ringland every time out...swapped to maxnos with no other changes and no more lifted lands..and i have sprayed alot more hp with no problems.

i think i reached the limit of the maximal..
I sprayed 34 and 34 on 112 in a 706 for 5 years and never had a problem!!!

·
RED ROCKET
8,634 Posts
I sprayed 34 and 34 on 112 in a 706 for 5 years and never had a problem!!!
i think like the other guy said..the maximal 114 red is really for n/a stuff...the supreme turbo blue 112 is used by alot of local people.

and i plan to use the red to do some n/a racing this year.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We run the maximal 116 with a single hit of nitrous and it works flawlessly or us. We like the Sunoco.

i have just been using one system with my sbf with it but getting ready to let her loose and have not had any problems yet but dont want any

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Anytime you use nitrous , you're better off with a nitrous specific race gas . And the bigger the dose of nitrous , even more so . Many race fuel companies offer a fuel just for large shots or foggers .

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Anytime you use nitrous , you're better off with a nitrous specific race gas . And the bigger the dose of nitrous , even more so . Many race fuel companies offer a fuel just for large shots or foggers .
Mike,

care to share any details about what they do to the fuels that are designated as nitrous specific?

FYI, so far very happy with the Renegade Pro 120 nitrous! :cool:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Can't give away any trade secrets . But race gas for nitrous use has a little different Specific Gravity , a little more Motor Octane , and a little different Reid Vapor Pressure than the corresponding blend . Some race fuel companies also alter the burn rate a bit .
When a race gas has the word nitrous or NOS in the description , it's for nitrous use . If it isn't designated specifically for nitrous , you're giving away some power and running the risk of engine damage .
Most race fuel companies offer more than one blend of nitrous specific race gas for varying sized shots . Renegade offers several , all the way up to the K-123 which is designated for extremely large sprays .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts