Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used the Summit trunnion kit-I ordered one, and they thru in the install kit for free, made it super simple to install
I reused my stock bolts, but only a couple fit the holes in the trunnions-i ended up putting the bolts in a drill, and used a stone
to burnish them so they fit-anyone have a problem with them, or use diff bolts

·
Smoked another CTD
3,956 Posts
I have used them a couple times. First time I mistakenly thought I ordered the Comp kit.
No issues. I like the more robust cir clips the Summit kit uses.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depending on the springs they will last a while but will wear out the trunnion shaft as stated above. Mine were shot after 30-40K. Went with CHE bushed.

·
Registered
20,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the wearing a prob with the Summit trunnions, or the comp setup also-factory ones go for a long time-I changed because they have a captive deal for the needle bearings

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If you have enough spring pressure to be eating the trunions you really should be using roller rockers. I have both summit and comp kits here. They are identical except for the snap rings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The trunions will wear out. Some will wear faster than others. Most people are not big on the idea of breaking an aluminum roller rocker or spending $1000 + for a high end shaft mount. I know lots of people run the comps but you need to keep an eye on the wear. Rebuilding them is easy and cheap enough though. I like the CHE's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts