Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Bader can't get his big money bracket races in ($$ for him) so he's pouting.

·
T/S 368E
28,186 Posts

Wouldn't having 1/2 a season at least pay some of the yearly expense, so you don't make your usual income, big deal.
This is a once in a lifetime issue.
I would open as much as possible, give my people some work, so they don't all move on,
and if by some chance you do make a profit, pass it on.

Not opening will just piss off your crew & your customers!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Local tracks here are all starting some late may some last weekend. Seems like Norwalk got too big, The bracket race at the Rock had 700 cars show up more than ever. Maybe Norwalk should look at races like that. I am sure as much as people has been locked up he would have record car counts at good bracket races.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Like other businesses, he’s pissed, because it’s all bullshit.
I definitely agree on that.
It's also bullshit he got rid of the 3 10k race in favor of his new "big money" race (s). Which always brought 400 cars and anyone could afford to go that race. That race alone would get any new/young racer hooked and you now have future business. It was always a good time. Now, we'll go there if there is no other race going on and one is there. Not many weekends around here or surrounding areas where that is happening.

·
T/S 368E
28,186 Posts
The NMRA/NMCA All-American Nationals will be contested at US 131 Motorsports Park (Martin, MI) over the weekend of August 27-30, 2020. The change in venue is due to Summit Motorsports Park’s decision to remain closed for 2020 as they regroup and plan for a return to action in 2021.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The NMRA/NMCA All-American Nationals will be contested at US 131 Motorsports Park (Martin, MI) over the weekend of August 27-30, 2020. The change in venue is due to Summit Motorsports Park’s decision to remain closed for 2020 as they regroup and plan for a return to action in 2021.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! THIS IS A GREAT EVENT - GREAT NEWS FOR US131 AND GREAT NEWS FOR DRAGRACERS! 🤩

- StickBBF

·
Registered
18,295 Posts
That sucks as i'm about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Norwalk and planned on going on Sunday as i work Friday and Saturday i'm sure not driving to Martin,MI isn't that city above Grand Rapids?

·
T/S 368E
28,186 Posts

Actually no, Martin is about 1/2 way between I-94 & Grand Rapids.
It's a nice place, as long as it doesn't pour for a week straight, we had a bunch of guys stuck in the mud last time.

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yes! Glad the Michigan tracks are figuring a way to hold some events for the racers. Probably will be a bit more before any fans, but at least they are opening up for the racers!

·
Registered
16,241 Posts
That sucks as i'm about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Norwalk and planned on going on Sunday as i work Friday and Saturday i'm sure not driving to Martin,MI isn't that city above Grand Rapids?
Alec Pinseaneault has done a great job since purchasing the track some 15+ years ago? Every pit stall has power, that you can by for like 10$ for the weekend. The facilities are new, and clean, and the grand stand areas for the fans make for great viewing. One of my favorite tracks to attend.

·
Registered
16,124 Posts
I wish he would at least have a track rental with some fast cars at Norwalk
I have no idea, but it might not be worth his time and effort to de-winterize the track , its buildings , facilities and the equipment just for a few track rentals just to do it all over again in 4 months or so.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have no idea, but it might not be worth his time and effort to de-winterize the track , its buildings , facilities and the equipment just for a few track rentals just to do it all over again in 4 months or so.
Maybe same kind of deal with insurance.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts