Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad deal. If hundreds if not thousands of people can gather to protest, then I think it would be ok to open drag straps. Smh
Agreed.
It's hypocritical.
Rioting, looting, destroying property, beating people and breaking multiple laws is acceptable but not supporting a business where people PAY to be....
Such a fucked up double standard.

·
T/S 368E
28,185 Posts

I would not be shocked if RT 66 never opens either.
The laziest bunch you ever met!!!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
He us allowed to open. He is choosing not to. This is what happens when you let your mouth run and talk big only to have to back pedal.

·
T/S 368E
28,185 Posts
Sad deal. If hundreds if not thousands of people can gather to protest, then I think it would be ok to open drag straps. Smh

I'm torn, I wish they all catch it and die, but then they will shut down the entire planet again :(

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I feel like 1/3 to 1/2 of the dragstrips around the USA are probably done. I think the goverment considers them more as a real estate holding or part time businesses and won't get any relief. Then you have a huge portion of the blue collar folks out of work and they make up the majority of racers.

From what I understand, North Star, the closest decent track (Yello Belly is closer but I won'tgo there) to me is done. It was already troubled to begin with. Not enough revenue to make mtg payments and the land is valued really high meaning the next guy that buys it is going to have an extremely hard time making it work as a track.

It is sad. I think most folks are still in shock and unable to see how bad it is going to be over the few years.

·
Registered
16,241 Posts
If you look at it from a business perspective it makes complete sense. He has lost the ability to run 75% of their large events, either through lockdown, or scheduling conflicts due to the lock down. He said in his first video, that it would take 6 weeks to dewinterize the facility. That right there is a lot of money, only to run a shortened season with most of the big money events gone, then rewinterize the facility. Lets face it, us bracket racers do not generate enough income to support a track of that caliber. Add to that, the weather to date hasn't been spectacular, so how many of the few race weekends he may have left, could get cancelled. His last two summers have been painfully wet. That's just reality. Also reality, he has probably been able to sit down with his lenders that he owes for the recent upgrades and land purchase, and minimize his payments to them. Personally I think its probably the smartest thing he could have done, and a logical business decision.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I feel like 1/3 to 1/2 of the dragstrips around the USA are probably done. I think the goverment considers them more as a real estate holding or part time businesses and won't get any relief. Then you have a huge portion of the blue collar folks out of work and they make up the majority of racers.

From what I understand, North Star, the closest decent track (Yello Belly is closer but I won'tgo there) to me is done. It was already troubled to begin with. Not enough revenue to make mtg payments and the land is valued really high meaning the next guy that buys it is going to have an extremely hard time making it work as a track.

It is sad. I think most folks are still in shock and unable to see how bad it is going to be over the few years.
Drove by the old Northstar yesterday, sad what has happened to it. Empty lot basically now. Yea they were struggling, but we supported best we could. Brings up traffic at the remaining tracks, good or bad.... First Kennendale, now Northstar. I liked Kennendale, up till about 10 PM or so!

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any chances of previously scheduled events still happening? Like Drag Week or Payso?
Drag Week is still on the schedule as far as I know, I've heard nothing about it being canceled or moved to another date.
Which event do you mean when you say Payso?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Drag Week is still on the schedule as far as I know, I've heard nothing about it being canceled or moved to another date.
Which event do you mean when you say Payso?
Payso Productions, they had 1 event scheduled for 5/16, that was obviously cancelled, may have been called Chucky Davis Birthday Bash? You know, the brothas! Grudge racing with 200 people on the starting line!

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Payso Productions, they had 1 event scheduled for 5/16, that was obviously cancelled, may have been called Chucky Davis Birthday Bash? You know, the brothas! Grudge racing with 200 people on the starting line!
Oh that one. I don't know anything about that one but can ask.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts