Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old time tradition in the south. Homegrown tomato,sunbeam bread and dukes mayo. Wash it down with a cold glass of milk!!! Don't get any better!!

·
Sizeable Member
7,748 Posts
Yep I love 'em. They give me terrible heartburn though...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I like a slice of cheese on mine with salt/pepper but good stuff!

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
Years ago, my now long gone Buddy Harry's wife made veggie sammies.

Tomatoes, cukes, lettuce, sweet onion, a couple of different cheeses, mayo, salt & pepper all on a good roll/sliced bread. Washed down with a cold beer.

Now I like meat on mine, but her sammies were damned good!!

pdq67

·
Registered
745 Posts
I also like using cucumbers instead of tomatoes with plenty of pepper sometimes you can add bacon if you want meat

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
tomatoe, fresh mozzarella, basil and evoo on toasted French bread!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Here in the Northeast it is garden fresh tomato, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, on white bread dressed with Hellmann's Real Mayonaise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here in the Northeast it is garden fresh tomato, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, on white bread dressed with Hellmann's Real Mayonaise.
That's about dead on zero right there!! If you can find it add a slice of Cooper Sharp american cheese! I miss that stuff cant find it in Florida though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just finished picking the last of our tomato crop. We've been canning tomato sauce,
spaghetti sauce, fresh sliced tomato and best of all, my favorite BLTs . I build them
from the bottom up, starting with sourdough garlic french bread,buttered then lightly toasted ,a layer of chunky peanut butter, 3 slices of crisp, thicksliced,peppered bacon,
then a layer of lettuce ,a layer of tomato,one more piece of lettuce then a generous
layer of mayo before closing it up, yummmm.

.....................Jack

·
Former RJ instigator
42,720 Posts
Just finished picking the last of our tomato crop. We've been canning tomato sauce,
spaghetti sauce, fresh sliced tomato and best of all, my favorite BLTs . I build them
from the bottom up, starting with sourdough garlic french bread,buttered then lightly toasted ,a layer of chunky peanut butter, 3 slices of crisp, thicksliced,peppered bacon,
then a layer of lettuce ,a layer of tomato,one more piece of lettuce then a generous
layer of mayo before closing it up, yummmm.

.....................Jack
Peanut butter?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Something about Peanut butter and mayo turns my stomach. A few weeks ago a buddy told me his favorite sandwich as a kid was PB/Mayo, he said if I tried it, I'd never have a PB&J again.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Creole tomatoes ,Blue plate mayo, Po Boy bread and roast beef debris.. yum yum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts