·
Registered
10,105 Posts
I just picked up a Toshiba Satellite at Wallyworld for $370 out the door

Bare bones but I don't need anything better,,,works good

·
Registered
422 Posts
get an apple, it is well worth the extra money.
I'm going on 3yrs with the same computer, i would have to replace my pc's about every 1 1/2 years. mac book pro, did not need the over clocking that the pc needed to operate.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have an HP G60 my daughter has been using for 3 years and an ASUS thats been just over a year. My work Laptop is an HP 8510P. Its been all over the US and still going strong for almost 4 years. Im a fan of HP just based on the reliability of my work PC.

·
Bastardization Engineer
3,614 Posts
get an apple, it is well worth the extra money.
I'm going on 3yrs with the same computer, i would have to replace my pc's about every 1 1/2 years. mac book pro, did not need the over clocking that the pc needed to operate.
The MBP's use the same processor as most Windows machines. In fact, the Apple hardware tends to be slower by comparison than most Windows machines. It's only due to Apple having such a tight grip on the OS, and every other aspect, that it feels more responsive and faster. But, head to head, the MBP, usually fall behind in speed.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Don't waste your time on store bought. Call around your area and find a good reputable computer store repair shop and have them make you a really high quality computer. You can get a lot of extras and capabilities that don't come stock. Cost is usually real competative and you get what you want. In Redding Ca. there is a company called Advanced Concepts, 530-222-2600. Great service, quality work and incredable knowledge of there products. Treated me and lot of people I know right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.