Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2001 3/4 ton suburban it has ALWAYS drove like crap, but now it seems to have front end/tire shake at 70 mph, I did recently get new tires but have already taken truck back to see if tires are balanced.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Tires anymore arent perfect and good tire techs who can actually do more than throw weights on are few and far between anymore. Find a place with a road force balancer if you have to and have them check it on that machine.I would have them checked out first,because Im thinking you didnt have the issue until the new tires. Shakes many times are blamed on alignments,frt and parts and more which are usually not the culprits.Being there are known frt end issues on the model you have make sure your frt end is in good shape with the idler arm,pitman arm and tie rods before doing an alignment if you havent already.Just dont let someone make you spend a ton of money first on any parts before you get the tires checked out by someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Thanks for info that is what I was looking for. I hate just taking car to shop and not have a clue, Like I said I bought this truck new and I have hated the way it road since day one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts