Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a huge Glock fan myself, but thousands of ppl love 'em and I do know they're damn reliable and affordable. I had an SA 1911 a couple years back and loved it and haven't heard anything bad about their XD series. Shot a rental full size XD45 a couple times, fairly impressed...

So, as stated in the title, XD-9SC vs Glock 26. Definitely want 9mm, less recoil for the gf. What are the going prices for both? I will check my local cop shop on my next day off and see how much cheaper they are...

What do my YB homies think is better and why????

·
Trolling the Trolls
16,059 Posts
go hold or shoot them. Nice gun may not fit your grip.

My G22 fits me well with Hogue slipon grip. Before the grip it was OK, but with the grip it is pure sex.

I'll soon be shopping for a small carry gun. Dunno if I'll stick with 40 S&W round, really wanna look into the Walther PPS or Kahr.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You really can't go wrong with either. Glocks are as popular as they are with real shooters for a reason. No matter what, they go bang every time. I've owned both Glocks and XDs, and prefer the XDs mainly as personal preference on ergonomics. In my hands, the XDs point better than the Glocks. She'll have to go hold and fire both to see what works better for her.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Like everyone says let here decide if it's really for her. Put a Glock 19 in her hand most women really like them. I've had xd's and I have Glock's. The xd's are just a little to tall for me.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Not a huge Glock fan myself, but thousands of ppl love 'em and I do know they're damn reliable and affordable. I had an SA 1911 a couple years back and loved it and haven't heard anything bad about their XD series. Shot a rental full size XD45 a couple times, fairly impressed...

So, as stated in the title, XD-9SC vs Glock 26. Definitely want 9mm, less recoil for the gf. What are the going prices for both? I will check my local cop shop on my next day off and see how much cheaper they are...

What do my YB homies think is better and why????

its funny you posted this, i am in the market for a sub-compact to carry wearing summer clothing ( its hotter than hell here in the summer) and my baby eagle is to noticable

i am looking at these two same guns, but in .40 or .357 cal as well as the s&m m&p compact, i am leaning more towards the m&p or the xd, but would like to shoot them first

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I prefer the Glocks for their low barrel centerline and proven track record. The XD's are fine guns though also. I'd say it's a mostly a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I prefer the Glocks for their low barrel centerline and proven track record. The XD's are fine guns though also. I'd say it's a mostly a matter of personal preference.
I agree, but I prefer the Springfield. You have to take them both and shoot them and see what one feels the best for you. Both are great guns and you will be happy with what ever one you pick.

·
Registered
42 Posts
27 w/13 rnd mag......fits small/med hands perfectly.....have had mine for six years.........very concealable....texas heat, shorts and teeshirt, flip flops......been looking at other stuff lately, i just can't find anything more practical and as much "bang for the buck" than a glock sub 40...........myself, i really don't want to stumble trying to figure out all the gadgets on a kimber at crunch time lol.....

·
Medium Pimpin!
8,852 Posts
Ive owned Glocks for 16 years including the 26 and love them but the 26 is the exception. No matter what i did i never felt comfortable with the grip even with extensions. Accuracy wasnt what i would expect either my 23 or 19 would shot rings around it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts