Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't turbo and supercharged cars have a air reservior that holds the same pressure as max boost psi. When you mash the gas, instead of getting turbo lag, this reservoir blasts x psi into throttle body just long enough for the turbo to spool.
Oh ya it's patent pending so if it's a good idea and you try to steal it, you gonna be workin in Alaska.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
The turbo would still have to re-pressurize the chamber so you would have a burst of power and then the period of boost response time.

Plus, without some sort of check valve the air would just be blown out the turbo inlet.

·
Registered
14,044 Posts
Turbo lag? You still have a stock turbo on that Buick? If so, I'm thinking no one ever taught you how to drive a turbo Buick.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The turbo would still have to re-pressurize the chamber so you would have a burst of power and then the period of boost response time.
Couldn't it refill the chamber by the blow off valve after lettin off and then under part throttle? I'm curious how big the tank would need to be, enough for 20 psi for 3 seconds?

·
Platinum Member
5,683 Posts
Choosing the correct size turbo for your application eliminates the need for this.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turbo lag? You still have a stock turbo on that Buick? If so, I'm thinking no one ever taught you how to drive a turbo Buick.
Aye aye aye, does driving a turbo buick require a special procedure

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I'm curious how big the tank would need to be, enough for 20 psi for 3 seconds?
Insanely huge. I edited my original post, without a check valve the air would rush out the inlet of the turbo bleeding off the pressure and preventing it from spooling.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not sure if Serious....Or just seriously trolling.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Choosing the correct size turbo for your application eliminates the need for this.
So your saying the right sized turbo would eliminate all turbo lag, 100%?? Not being sarcastic, just curious.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always thought that's what the clutch pedal was for ;)
So if your cruising 60 mph on the highway and say a yellow Datsun b210 rolls up next to me to race I'm gonna hit the gas, not the clutch.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
So if your cruising 60 mph on the highway and say a yellow Datsun b210 rolls up next to me to race I'm gonna hit the gas, not the clutch.
First one, then the other. You're going to have to downshift anyways ;)

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'll all be buying the Ricardo tank in a couple years and thanking me

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Just buy one of those 10lb blue bottles, they hold lots of air!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts