Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 15x8 weld pro stars, 96 series. 7/16 studs. Need open ended.

What's the correct lugs to run with this? The ones I was looking at on summit seemed too short? Figuring the shank needs to go through the width of the rim. Sorry for the dumb question. Thanks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just called Weld. A shop told me I needed lugnuts that the shank went through the entire rim but they just told me they cannot go that far.

·
Registered
124 Posts
first, i hope your 7/16 studs are the long racing length type studs instead of the factory short length studs ?? -

if not - you should really swap to long race length studs if you want to run these rims safely at speed

for weld pro stars and draglites - I think what you need is an open end racing lug nut with a 1.365 shank length .680 shank diameter to fit your
specific 7/16 thread studs - mcgard makes them - available at summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MCG-63001/

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Weld shank style lugs do not go all the way through the wheel, the shank should be long enough to go about 2/3 of the way through the wheel as the lug will actually squeeze your wheel together. The shank should be 1.310" long.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If you need longer studs be carefull of the Moroso studs...they're too big in diameter.
I asked my local parts place to let me see their Dorman box (lots of wheel studs and up to 2" long) wish you luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts