anyone have a good way of making them?

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
In an oven

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I make mine a little different every time, depending on what's in the kitchen and the fact that I don't measure. Basically they are just different fillings for the peppers. Cut and scoop the peppers good. Seeds and membrane will make them bitter.
Filling is hamburger onion, celery chopped,(rice, or wild rice or even ricearoni cook before adding), stewed tomato crushed, (I like delmonti original), and tomato sauce. Little salt and pepper to taste.Save some sauce to top filling after you stuff peppers. Precook filling to very thick.

I have done them with spanish rice and green chilies and chillie powder, and some shredded cheese on top at the last few minutes of baking. Not my favorite. Also spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning. Also with fried rice cut veggies(pea pods, celery, bamboo shoots) and soy sauce, Not bad. Just cook till out side is tender and put a little tomato sauce on top and juice or water in the bottom of pan to keep them from burning. bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes.

·
Registered
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I make mine a little different every time, depending on what's in the kitchen and the fact that I don't measure. Basically they are just different fillings for the peppers. Cut and scoop the peppers good. Seeds and membrane will make them bitter.
Filling is hamburger onion, celery chopped,(rice, or wild rice or even ricearoni cook before adding), stewed tomato crushed, (I like delmonti original), and tomato sauce. Little salt and pepper to taste.Save some sauce to top filling after you stuff peppers. Precook filling to very thick.

I have done them with spanish rice and green chilies and chillie powder, and some shredded cheese on top at the last few minutes of baking. Not my favorite. Also spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning. Also with fried rice cut veggies(pea pods, celery, bamboo shoots) and soy sauce, Not bad. Just cook till out side is tender and put a little tomato sauce on top and juice or water in the bottom of pan to keep them from burning. bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes.
thanks,we will have to try that,G/F made it the other night,but was not to good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Umm, heres Jalepenos. slice in half and gut seeds and stuff. Mix cream cheese, shreeded Montery Jack ,and real bacon bits. Stuff pepper husk with the mix and place a shrimp on it ,wrap it with bacon, and toss it on the pit. Watch for flame up bacon does that ,but this peppers rock.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
1 lb. ground chuck
1 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 oz. tomato soup
8 oz. tomato sauce
8 lg. bell peppers, cut in halves and seeded
1 1/2 c. cooked rice
1 tsp. sugar

Cook meat, onion and garlic until done. Drain. Add seasonings, tomato soup and tomato sauce. Simmer covered for 10 minutes. Stir in rice. Cool. Cook peppers in boiling, salted water and 1 tsp. sugar until they are tender. Drain, stuff and bake just until bubbly in 350 degree oven. These are great to freeze. Just drain, stuff and freeze; then bake when needed. Can add drained corn to mixture and top with grated cheese before baking.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Boiling peppers sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts