Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are using a Stroud spring loaded launcher. Last fall the chute deployed accidentally when the spring was not holding pressure against the chute pack and the release pin fell out when the car launched. Embarrassing, but more concerning. When we retrieved the car the launcher spring was still compressed inside the canister. I tapped the canister with my boot and the spring jumped out. Repacked everything and pulled the retaining rod out and the spring "thumped" against the bag. There was pressure on the release wire. We were good to go.

Last fall when we parked the car for the season I released the chute and the chute just fell to the ground. The deployment spring was still compressed within the canister. Kicked the canister and again the spring jumped out.

I can find nothing wrong visually. I'm contacting Stroud after this weekend, but was looking for others experiences with something similar. Somehow that spring binds itself to the inside of the canister from vibration or something. I follow all of the instructions for loading and prepping the launcher. Everything seems fine until a few runs later and the release cable again appears loose in the loop as the spring is no longer holding pressure against it.

Thanks,
Pooch

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts

I have the dual cannon set up and did notice it needs a honing/cleaning after sitting so long, and my local track is very dirty at the big end from trees and grass clippings.
Maybe yours is a little sticky/roughened and catching just enough to bind??

Good luck, race safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts