Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
friday night i stripped a spark plug hole, was feeling funny since the beginning of the year, and gave out. head is old dart 360, tapperseat short reach plug. how do i fix it, can i just heli coil it or does it need welded. nitous motor, a lot of it!

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
You can helicoil it right on the car. suck as many chips as you can out, then just fire it up. The alum chips wont hurt anything.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
You can helicoil it right on the car. suck as many chips as you can out, then just fire it up. The alum chips wont hurt anything.
x2 - have done it a bunch of times. Be careful when tapping the new threads for the insert, so it's concentric with the hole. When done correctly, it will be stronger than the original threads.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can go to Oreilys and they have a sparkplug hole repair kit. I used one on mine and it worked great. It comes with everything you need, what it does is, it cuts the hole bigger and then you screw in an insert. awesome repair job. Make sure you loctite it in though. Like a brand new piece when your done. later.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know I posted in the trash or be trashed section on this but the lock & stitch product is worth the high price tag. Look into it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts