Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago I just bought this camaro. I was supposed to be an easy project. Floor pans, rockers panels, firewall was all replaced.
But when I try to make some panels ajustments before installing the quarters, something was wrong. I just realise that the car wasnt square by 1 inch.
So I had to restart from zero.
The plan with the car is a street legal racecar.

When I got it

I decided to built a jig from fisher specs to redone the floor job

I changed the inner wheelhouse/quarter structure

After that I bought a new house/garage.

mores pics to come ......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the wheels for the car

minitubs process

I found a local deal for a harwood hood

I sanded all the trunk area and inner structure before welding the quarters to the car amd epoxy prime it

·
WHAT?
1,995 Posts
Its ABOUT TIME you got your ass over here!!! 😂😂😂

Now, make sure to get in the Trash or BE TRASHED section and do your introduction post before someone here chops your head off!!!!

This site is not for sissy’s and we abide by the rules or.... Get THE BULLET!!!

‘Cool to see the progress of your ride online, dont be too surprised, as guys here are a pretty cranked up bunch of crazy MoFo’s but, the good type. So you can usually count on ‘em to pick you up when you’re down, or need a kick in the ass!! .... And you know how much that means sometimes 😉.

Can’t wait to see that cage bent up and tigged’ in brother!!

WELCOME HOME!!!

Lead.

·
WHAT?
1,995 Posts
Looks really good. Have you decided on a power plant?
Hahaha!!! Thats a GOOOOOOD question, we were still talking about it yesterday. LOL!!

Lead.

·
WHAT?
1,995 Posts
Oh and just so you all know.....

Thats his First “Muscle Car”!! (Well, actually his second as he did the same to a ‘69 Camaro body) built a Jig, started to take measurements and ended up changing EVERY PANEL!! NOT ONE was oe when he got done!!!!

For a guy that had NEVER touched a car body...... i think he does pretty impressive work!!! And to jump both feet into this heavy of a project is really something!

Look up the gaps..... 😉

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Damn I wish I could just get Quarters and Rear valance for mine. Then Update the backhalf......
Looks like you're doing a hell of a good job.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Oh and just so you all know.....

Thats his First “Muscle Car”!! (Well, actually his second as he did the same to a ‘69 Camaro body) built a Jig, started to take measurements and ended up changing EVERY PANEL!! NOT ONE was oe when he got done!!!!

For a guy that had NEVER touched a car body...... i think he does pretty impressive work!!! And to jump both feet into this heavy of a project is really something!

Look up the gaps..... 😉
Wait a fucking second, this guy isn't a body guy with years of heavy collision work???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wait a fucking second, this guy isn't a body guy with years of heavy collision work???
haha thanks. a little bit of body work experience but just in sanding.
I was the finishing guy 2 years in a semi truck body shop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the last update for a couple weeks. I'm waiting for parts in order now

With the spoiler installed

subframe connectors install and Tig practice on the bracket( I start to weld with tig)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts