Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Go 17's,
they're the new 15's anyway.

16's are a half step and if you live long enough you'll have the same problem getting 16's next.

17's will have more selection for a long time to come.

I got sick of buying 15" BFG Radial TA's that cost more than a modern decent set of high performance street 17's.

I still like BFG's, and run 17" G-Force Sport Summer Comp 2's on the hobby car,
and 17" "all season" (3 season really) G-Force Comp 2 A/S's on the daily driver.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Max traction, no fucks given... ET Street R or Hoosier QTP

Max traction and dailyable.... MT ET street SS or Nitto 555rii's are new and i hear good reviews

Carving corners and good tread life at reasonable price.... Firestone Indy 500/Nitto 555G2 both wear like Iron

·
Registered
596 Posts
Cooper cobra 275/60-15 is an awesome street tire imo. Hooks on my 4200 lb colorado when its 35 degrees out and they last for miles of burnouts and ran 11.0 at 125 at the track. Best of all, theyre cheap.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Nitto drag radials were always good street tires for me. Decent in the rain, and no problem cutting 1.7 60 foot times. Anything capable of sub 1.70 60' times, I'd run a M/T radial if I wanted it to hook. The Nitto is a good compromise.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Flame me for recommending this tire, but I bought these Vitour Galaxy radials and I can’t be happier with them. Got them from Performance Plus tire online. RWL on one side, and the mounted and balanced well. V rated for what it is worth. They stick well, even in the rain. On a 79 TA. Just sayin

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I need tires for my Z, the ones on it now I got in 92-4. If they had what i wanted I'd have got them last summer. I was going to get drag radials and new wheels. Priority changed though, one of these days...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Picked up a set of Firestone Indy 500‘s for the old lady’s Challenger. They are a great tire, cornering is awesome and great in the rain too. For the price they have to be one of the best ultra performance tires out there. They have nothing in a 15 though, I agree with the 17” is the new 15 if you want a performance street tire, if not drag radials for the 15’s.

·
Registered
23,915 Posts
I run Pep Boys Futura tires on my truck .
Only because I get a very good deal on them and have to buy 2 every 3 months .

They are pretty soft and have pretty good dry traction .

If I remember right , they were very popular in the true street tire classes .where you had to run that kinda tire .

Not sure how they would look on a car though .

·
Registered
650 Posts
M/T ET street on my Camaro, the best tires I have had so far.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts