Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious what you guys run on the street for tires. I currently have some old Cooper Cobras P295/50R15 on my Camaro that are junk, what’s a good street use tire, I have looked at the Hankook/BF/ GoodYear...etc. What’s the bullet say....this is a tire thread, not a tyre thread so stay the fuck out if you run in centimeters

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
In that size the pickings are slim. Just tires not being as old and hard will make a big difference.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Lately I've run both Toyo's and Nitto's with Good results , I just always look for the worst wear rating and that usually equals traction !

Try both Tire Rack and Discount Tire and read the Reviews they are sometimes helpful too.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Lately I've run both Toyo's and Nitto's with Good results , I just always look for the worst wear rating and that usually equals traction !

Try both Tire Rack and Discount Tire and read the Reviews they are sometimes helpful too.
I second the Nitto's.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Agreed,

Agreed, maybe it’s time to put 16” wheels on
Agreed,

Agreed, maybe it’s time to put 16” wheels on
Don't do it, 16's went the way of common sense in this country. I have BF goodrich G-Force sports on my TA, 225/55 ZR 16s on the front and 255/50 ZR 16's on the back. Without going to a drag radial those are the only 16" performance tires I can find. I wanted the 255s on the front and the next bigger size on the back but they don't make them. If I didn't like these wheels so much I would shit can them and put 17s on
image.jpg

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,281 Posts
Best street tires I have ever ran are M & H drag radials.
Balance easy, ride nice, work well in the rain and require very little smoke to hook.

They are expensive, but not much more than M/T

·
Registered
13,329 Posts
I have BF Goodrich T/A on the car in my <<<avatar. They are about 34 years old.
Damn, my 68 Vette had 28 year old tires on the back and 12 year old on the front when I got it. Pulled hard to the left when it wasn't hunting right to left and rode harsh. A cheap set of new tires made a big improvement. Aren't you afraid of your tires coming apart and doing expensive damage to the car?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Nitto 275x50x15 on a 9.5 rim. Great traction. Problem is, if you run the right 24 pounds air pressure it’s kinda low for the highway. If you run 32 - 34 pounds you’ll burn the center tread out of them.

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Damn, my 68 Vette had 28 year old tires on the back and 12 year old on the front when I got it. Pulled hard to the left when it wasn't hunting right to left and rode harsh. A cheap set of new tires made a big improvement. Aren't you afraid of your tires coming apart and doing expensive damage to the car?
Yes I would be afraid of them coming apart , but the car has been sitting in my garage since 1992 shortly after that pic was taken at the bracket finals in Reading PA (Maple Grove Raceway) in 1992

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes I would be afraid of them coming apart , but the car has been sitting in my garage since 1992 shortly after that pic was taken at the bracket finals in Reading PA (Maple Grove Raceway) in 1992
I'd be embarrassed to drive a Chevy too Lol just kidding, at least you have a hot rod. that's more than I can say about a lot of people on this site nowadays

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
I'd be embarrassed to drive a Chevy too Lol just kidding, at least you have a hot rod. that's more than I can say about a lot of people on this site nowadays
been drag racing for many many years, I still do it to this day every weekend. 1,000's of passes over the years. I started bracket racing that 70 Nova SS (in avatar) when I turned 16. It ran the best of 11.78 the weekend that pic was taken.If you look close at the windshield you will see a 12.00 dial in, thats cause the class I ran it in (Heavy) you could not dial below a 12.00 and NHRA rules stated (at that time) you needed a roll bar to run faster than 12.00. Back in the day,that was a fast/quick street car especially for a young punk.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I dunno about 15s, but there's no shortage of decent street 16s for cruising around. I have had both of these on my LX coupe before and they are really nice tires. The Comp 2s would have lasted a lot longer if it hadn't of been for twisties and a lead foot once in a while...

·
Registered
20,200 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts