Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
T/S 368E
33,831 Posts
They were both involved in a criminal act which resulted in a death. That by definition is murder.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

The POS LOSERS can make up any excuse they want.
You harm anyone while committing a crime, your POS CRIMINAL ass should be hung on national TV!!!

This was not an accident in any way, and anyone claiming otherwise is too idiotic to waste time debating!!!
Both losers should be hung!!

·
Registered
17,926 Posts
Maybe this judge is a die hard liberal and hates cars and people that drive them...I am ok with an eye for an eye justice, as long as it is handed out the same...The fact that other lives are lost, and the sentences are less, says there is more to this story.

Evidently the judge was following the sentencing guidelines in Florida. What I got out of the video was guilty of 2 counts of vehicular homicide (felonies) and 1 count for unlawful racing on a public highway (a misdemeanor). 9 years count 1, 14 years count 2 to be served consecutively and sentenced to time served for the count 3 misdemeanor.

Apparently the judge has the power to "depart" from the normal sentencing guidelines if he finds justification to do so but did not in this case. The judge stated that the range of the minimum to the maximum was 18 to 30 years so my math indicates the guideline for vehicular manslaughter in Florida is 9 to 15 years.

·
Registered
17,926 Posts
How fast were they going?
4:55 of the video I posted. According to the judge he reached 102 mph during this incident, I assume that was from the vehicles ECU and before he slowed and hit them.

·
Registered
17,926 Posts
For those debating intent and murder this case involved neither. When both drivers engaged in "unlawful racing on a public highway" they were both committing a misdemeanor, a criminal act. 2 people died as a direct result of this criminal act. Along with the misdemeanor, the charges were 2 counts of vehicular homicide against both drivers. The other driver pled out and as usually happens with a plea he received the lessor sentence. The one convicted to 24 years took his chances and went to trial. Since it took 3 years for this to conclude, apparently the defendant's lawyer postponed the trial hoping that the "emotional outcry" would be less. I'm sure the Covid shutdown also helped to delay the trial but I'm sure this trial could have been conclude easily before 2020.

I think I heard the judge mention the driver who got 24 years was 18 years old at the time of the event, don't know what age the other driver was.

·
43,517 Posts
Like I have said, hand out the same sentences across the board, and i'm on board...

As for all of the holier-than-thou comments on this case...There aint a mother fucking one of us that have never done something dumb when we were young...If you say you didnt, well, you are probably not telling the truth...Talking about a young guy getting over 100mph in a late model mustang like he was hittin 3 kits in a ProMod...If he was running 40ish when he smacked it, he was at the speed before common sense caught back up to him...Doesnt mean there shouldnt be harsh punishments, but some of you are funny as fuck with the shit you are saying...

And dont come at me with the questions of "what if it was your wife and daughter"...Cause turn that around and what if it was your level headed 20 year old son?.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Had this happened in Kaliphornya, NewYork, or Illinois....this kid would only be facing one count of vehicular manslaughter because these hate filled liberal shitholes do not legally recognize an infant as a human if the infant is under 1 year of age.

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
I did dumb things when I was young. "Racing" on a public street/highway was not one of them. Why do people always assume others are as irresponsible as they were/are?

As for the sentence in this case, I think it was probably too long...with a caveat. The convicted should be released after serving a couple of years, but without his balls. His balls should be removed to eliminate the possibility that he might sire another street racer. Think of the deterrent value. It's a win-win. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
17,926 Posts
Someone incorrectly wrote earlier "the pedestrian had the right away if she was crossing".

It's "right of way" and a pedestrian crossing a street legally does not always automatically have the right of way unless they are doing so at a designated pedestrian crossing.

In this case I'm sure it would have been emphasized if she had the "right of way" but there was nothing I heard from the Judge or was mentioned anywhere else indicating this was a factor in this case. However, having or not having the right of way does not change the circumstances when the driver(s) are engaged in illegal racing.

·
Registered
26,520 Posts
No, that's not the definition of murder. Murder must be deliberate, or, as the definition states, malice aforethought. These kids didn't intend to kill anyone. In their case it's should be involuntary manslaughter, which is all the other parts of murder (unlawful, killing, criminal act, by a human of a human), minus the intent. The person's death occurs as a result of the negligent or reckless actions of the defendant.
I understand what you are saying.
However, the laws in many states say different.

Most drunk drivers do not intend on killing anybody either.
Just like these assholes did not intend, on killing anybody.
But, if they had been drunk driving and killed the same woman and same child, the laws would also charge them with murder. Even though drunk driving is also just a misdemeanor on most states, first offense, just like the street racing.

But, the laws are the laws, like it or not. We are not discussing what the laws should or should not be, we are discussing what they are.

And, that's just the way it is.Just like when a bank robbery goes down and somebody is killed, even accidentally during the robbery, ALL the perps can get charged with murder. Even the getaway driver that may not have even went into the bank. That's just the way the law is, people know it, and still rob banks, and then complain about the law, after they knowingly did the crime.

Yes, I have street raced myself. But, when I did I also knew if bad shit happened, and I got caught, I could be royaly fucked. Right or wrong does not play into the picture at that point. Simply, what are the laws, and what are the possible consequences, and then, what did I decide to do knowing that ?

And finally, what choices did THEY as being free Americans youts' , make, at that point ?

They knew they playing with fire and could get lightly burned, or severely burned, or not burned at at. The choice, was theirs.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Someone incorrectly wrote earlier "the pedestrian had the right away if she was crossing".

It's "right of way" and a pedestrian crossing a street legally does not always automatically have the right of way unless they are doing so at a designated pedestrian crossing.

In this case I'm sure it would have been emphasized if she had the "right of way" but there was nothing I heard from the Judge or was mentioned anywhere else indicating this was a factor in this case. However, having or not having the right of way does not change the circumstances when the driver(s) are engaged in illegal racing.

Hit and kill a pedestrian crossing the road at more than twice the posted limit and then tell me she didn't have the right away. I want to know how the works for you.

My point is if the mother/child was in progress at a pedistrian crossing ramp and the two idiots that were street racing were coming at speeds over twice the posted limit. I think it is safe to say the mother crossing had the right of way.

I've been in the positions dozens of times where pedestrians were crossing in uncontrolled intersections and always have yeilded in caution to a pedestrian in progress. I'm pretty sure when a pedestrian is in progress. crossing a intersection you can't just run them over because your approaching and normal speed and no attempt to avoid. ( fuck it they were to slow)

I'm sure there are cases were a pedestrian crosses dangerously in front of coming traffic and are at fault but this particular incident is nowhere near that situation.

I've always been under the impression a pedestrian can cross at any intersection crossing ramp regardless of
wether if is controlled by stop sign/light.

·
43,517 Posts
I did dumb things when I was young. "Racing" on a public street/highway was not one of them. Why do people always assume others are as irresponsible as they were/are?

As for the sentence in this case, I think it was probably too long...with a caveat. The convicted should be released after serving a couple of years, but without his balls. His balls should be removed to eliminate the possibility that he might sire another street racer. Think of the deterrent value. It's a win-win. Take care. Tom Worthington
So you've never done burnouts? Gotten loose after you hammered the throttle going around a turn? You have never gotten on any car with someone else beside you? Never aired it out going down the road? I'm not sure i've ever met a gearhead that hasnt done some of those.

As for your comment about cutting balls off...I was wild as hell behind the wheel, yet my kids are not like that, and are actually pretty level headed drivers...People keep calling him "street racer" when in fact this may have been the only time he ever did anything close to racing someone...

·
Registered
1,829 Posts

.People keep calling him "street racer" when in fact this may have been the only time he ever did anything close to racing someone...
Nobody was saying he was a street racer, just that he was caught street racing. Actually had he been an experienced street racer this incident probably wouldn't have happened.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,040 Posts
So yeah the kid did something stupid. Yeah he killed someone. Yes, he definitely needs to receive a harsh punishment, but 24 years... fuck. Murderers who kill people on purpose get less time than that.

I look back on all the stupid shit I did when I was young, and just think, at any time I could have lost control and killed someone.

I really think something like 18 months and maybe like 5 or 10 years probation would have been enough.

I spent more than a few nights in jail when I was in my 20s. I met a guy in there that was awaiting trial for manslaughter. He had beat some guy to death outside of a club while blacked out drunk. Anyway, his lawyer had told him 18 months max, and alot if that would be time served.

I mean, I know they are trying to make this kid and example, but the idiots that need to get the example couldn't care less. Now, crushing their cars while they watch, if caught street racing. Or, maybe having to watch their car being sold for pennies on the dollar at auction. Those kind of punishments are more likely to deter street racing.

No need to take away 1/3 of a kids like because he acted stupid.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Well, by putting that kid in jail for 24 years, it is keeping some other people out of jail.
If that was my wife and kid that got killed, I would be going after that kid and killing him, no doubt about it, and plead for mercy with the court!
Fuck that punk and his future, he fucked-up, he can pay the price. I believe in an eye for an eye!

·
Registered
13,244 Posts
Its a shame they don't arrest that fkn slag hiding behind false diplomatic immunity that fled from here after killing a 16 year old on a moped IIRC...fkn worthless spineless hag fled the day after back to pamperland I would be on a plane if that was my Son i'm sure.

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
ABSOLUTELY!!!

The POS LOSERS can make up any excuse they want.
You harm anyone while committing a crime, your POS CRIMINAL ass should be hung on national TV!!!

This was not an accident in any way, and anyone claiming otherwise is too idiotic to waste time debating!!!
Both losers should be hung!!

Tell us how you really feel.

PS I bet there are a lot of nigrz laughing their asses off at this dumb white kid being sentenced to consecutive terms totaling 24yrs while they are doing 3-5 for blasting away while selling rocks.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I've never been a street racer and highly advocate against it. But I'm betting a seasoned street racer would pick a better time/place with more situational safety and awareness then that thaat kid with a new toy mommy/daddy bought him.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've never been a street racer and highly advocate against it. But I'm betting a seasoned street racer would pick a better time/place with more situational safety and awareness then that thaat kid with a new toy mommy/daddy bought him.
I have never been a big street racer, but I did it a time or three when I was younger, and when I did it, it was not in a residential area. It was always away from the city and population, and with other like-minded car guys. Illegal? Sure. Far more controlled? Yes. These kids learned that lesson the hardest of ways.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts