Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
While its hard to say what the sentence should be without knowing of all the mitigating factors (did the kid have a record of multiple street racing violations of violent felonies or did he tell the judge it was no big deal) however all this seems unlikely since the other kids were also charged and sentenced to jail time including the passenger.

They should appeal and pull up the sentencing of other young adults in the area who killed others with intent and forethought.

Also I wonder if the Judge and victim were both Jewish......just because you identify with the victim does not mean you should apply a more severe sentence.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I think the judge just taught that kid as well as his parents a lesson. Something that his parents obviously failed to do.

Parents selling their $2 million dollar home to afford his defense after buying him a new mustang for graduation that he killed 2 people with it two weeks later street racing.

All points to a spoiled entitled fucking brat who was given everything and had zero respect for others.Im betting that attitude and lack of accepting responibility is exactly what got him the sentence he got.

The judge should have given him 40 yrs for all I give a fuck.

·
43,517 Posts
He wasn't prosecuted for murder, intent was when he broke the law drag racing. This wasn't a accident it was a result of careless ans and wrecklessness with a motor vehicle.
He had no intent to kill anyone, vehicular manslaughter...And sentencing the other guy to 6 years is a slippery slope...

·
43,517 Posts
There is no crosswalk in the section of Bayshore Boulevard where the collision occurred, but police say the victims were attempting a lawful crossing at a pedestrian ramp at an intersection. There is also no bike lane on the southbound side.
I read that part too...Define a lawful crossing outside of a cross walk.

·
43,517 Posts
I think the judge just taught that kid as well as his parents a lesson. Something that his parents obviously failed to do.

Parents selling their $2 million dollar home to afford his defense after buying him a new mustang for graduation that he killed 2 people with it two weeks later street racing.

All points to a spoiled entitled fucking brat who was given everything and had zero respect for others.Im betting that attitude and lack of accepting responibility is exactly what got him the sentence he got.

The judge should have given him 40 yrs for all I give a fuck.
Assume much???? You probably think that all black people are criminals too huh? T

·
43,517 Posts
Maybe this judge is a die hard liberal and hates cars and people that drive them...I am ok with an eye for an eye justice, as long as it is handed out the same...The fact that other lives are lost, and the sentences are less, says there is more to this story.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Maybe this judge is a die hard liberal and hates cars and people that drive them...I am ok with an eye for an eye justice, as long as it is handed out the same...The fact that other lives are lost, and the sentences are less, says there is more to this story.
Assume much?

·
Registered
26,522 Posts
So why wouldnt they just put in a dedicated cross walk?
Money.

Cheap fucks.

Plus, that section of the bay is a couple of miles long, and people want to cross over in several different spots.
People with kids and strollers will not walk a mile in the wrong direction just to cross the street.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
So why wouldnt they just put in a dedicated cross walk?
Probably a great idea for the future. But it doesn't change the pedestrian had the right away if she was crossing. And the driver was exceeding the speed limit. by3 times the posted limit.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
I'm curious what people think would be a fair sentence? While we don't have all the facts we have here anything from life sentences to some sort of far lesser time. The kid killed someone due to a street race that he had a choice to participate in. IMO, both kids should have received the same sentence as both were racing. EIther driver could have declined the challenge & it's more likely than not the mother & child would still be alive then. 24 years is a long time--------so's lying in a pine box for eternity. Sorry, the Judge sounds pretty fair to me.......

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Quick and easy reply. That is your child and wife that will never come home. Now what? The kid will live and eventually be a free man. The child and wife will never have that chance again. If you see it any other way, you are apart of the problem. Yeah, I said it and stand behind it.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Quick and easy reply. That is your child and wife that will never come home. Now what? The kid will live and eventually be a free man. The child and wife will never have that chance again. If you see it any other way, you are apart of the problem. Yeah, I said it and stand behind it.
See post #63

·
43,517 Posts
Probably a great idea for the future. But it doesn't change the pedestrian had the right away if she was crossing. And the driver was exceeding the speed limit. by3 times the posted limit.
How fast were they going?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Jeff Funk. Documented liar and valor stealer, lecturing others about parents failing to teach their kids well. Wow.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Money.

Cheap fucks.

Plus, that section of the bay is a couple of miles long, and people want to cross over in several different spots.
People with kids and strollers will not walk a mile in the wrong direction just to cross the street.
I lived in Milwakee 25 yrs the lake front drive is the same way, very few controlled intersections for simplicity, beauty and uncluttered. Eberyone knows to take caution and yield to the pedestrians .it isn't the place to drag race because Its wide open and free of stoplight every block.

·
43,517 Posts
Then it sounds like we should go back to an eye for an eye...I'm quite fine with that approach, and if you see it any other way, you are a part of the problem.

61 - 80 of 137 Posts