Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly a city that will look the other way for us for a day!:p The street will be blocked off Sunday morning, we race all day! I raced at this event last year, its slippery but alot of fun, we have been street racing illegally for years on this stretch of street, set up as 1/8th mile, single lane passes for safty.

Heres a link http://kernz.com/html/event_carshow_timetrials.htm

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Hillman, MI does the same thing (usually around 4th of July). Same deal, road shut down, 1/8 mile, single passes. They have a tree and timing system. The high school football field backs up to this road, so they have that set up for spectators. They have concrete barriors set up on the spectator side as well.

Went last year, had a great time. Everything from 8 sec cars to big 4WD trucks were there. You ever see a F250 with a 10'' lift with (4) 14x32's???....LOL

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Went last year, had a great time. Everything from 8 sec cars to big 4WD trucks were there. You ever see a F250 with a 10'' lift with (4) 14x32's???....LOL
Please this is the South - that's at just about every other test and tune night!! lol.

Burnout sounds like someone squeezing the nuts of a hound dog.

·
Registered
16,490 Posts
Kinda sucks, I had been working in duluth for the last two weeks, came home yesterday though.:(

·
Registered
16,490 Posts
"Garfiled" ?? can't find it.......

Single lane in Tn. didn't work out real good huh?

It's an accident waiting to happen...a dumb phucking idea.

He spelled it wrong, it's Garfield Ave, I believe.
(If you go to the "saloon" on Crazyspeed.com there's a thread about it.)

I think it's cool. This has been set up with the citys blessing by drag/ex-street racers, and as far as I've heard it's safe and brings in a very big crowd. (errr, at least as safe as racing can be. lol)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh good... A place to sit!

Ah not quite, all spectaors are behind the starting line, there is a VIP area thats at the side of the start line, Its as safe as any drag strip, just going to be slippery for higher HP cars, cars will be raced single, so you only have yourself to worry about and not some jackass sliding sideways into your car, should be a good time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts