Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can u guys post pics if you have a street car with fuel cell or custom fit cell thanks

·
Registered
16,499 Posts
I built a custom "stock style" tank for my Chevy II and mounted in the stock, under the trunk location. I am finding insurance companies will no longer insure a car with a fuel cell in the trunk. Won't even write a policy of any kind for it. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have a 71 nova and i was told fuel will run out the neck of the stock tank when racing

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
I built a custom "stock style" tank for my Chevy II and mounted in the stock, under the trunk location. I am finding insurance companies will no longer insure a car with a fuel cell in the trunk. Won't even write a policy of any kind for it. Just something to think about.
Haggerty did my insurance. $237 a year. I cannot have a nitrous bottle. But they said nothing of the fuel cell. I told them it has a full cage, turbo, and I drag race it weekly/monthly. They asked for alot of pictures of the trunk and interior.

I did not want to lie and then have an issue if I ever had to make a claim. I was told there is zero coverage at/on the race track.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Without a sump you're still starving the engine, by the time you sump a stock tank you might as well have bought a fuel cell. I've been debating plastic or aluminum myself, it's F'n hot out here in the desert.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Without a sump you're still starving the engine, by the time you sump a stock tank you might as well have bought a fuel cell. I've been debating plastic or aluminum myself, it's F'n hot out here in the desert.
the car will be lsx with fuel injection

·
Registered
16,499 Posts
Haggerty did my insurance. $237 a year. I cannot have a nitrous bottle. But they said nothing of the fuel cell. I told them it has a full cage, turbo, and I drag race it weekly/monthly. They asked for alot of pictures of the trunk and interior.

I did not want to lie and then have an issue if I ever had to make a claim. I was told there is zero coverage at/on the race track.
Haggerty Canada won't touch a car with a cage, fuel cell, or tubbed..................won't even talk to you about it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Fully Insured. Same as mentioned above...no coverage on the track but on the street its all good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts