Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run footbrake class at my local track and from time to time they have a all run class that allows street cars to run against pro cars (dragsters door cars). Any ideas on how to hook up a box on a street car without getting too radical like transbrakes and such. A little background on the car, camaro with a mild 355 that runs 890's in the 1/8. The car has the factory type throttle cable and carb linkage. Any imput would be greatly appretiated. Thanks, Jason.

·
Dina Parise Racing
795 Posts
Delay box and foot brake??????????????

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
Dual line locks and a low 2-step chip.
low settings and a 2 step not easy on the motor (or atleast the adjustable chip we had said...MAY CAUSE CRANK BREAKAGE);)...would say throttle enhancer and micro switch on the brake pedal or button , but saw the stock cable style setup.....not sure if they are around anymore , but seems like b&m used to offer a single line lock with 4 or 5 ports , but that was probably back in the mid to late 90's.....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Starting line enhancer. Hook it up to a line lock and an rpm switch. You'll have to mess with it to get the launch figured out.

·
Registered
14,247 Posts
Not to be a wiseguy or untrack the thread, but why not enter without the box? Having run in both, I've about come to the decision that typical reaction times are mighty close between box and no-box racers these days. Take care. Tom Worthington.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts