Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently building a streetable 408 cid engine with Procomp 210 heads,KB forged pistons(10.85 comp),Professional Prod.EFI Hurricane intake,90MM throttlebody etc,etc.Now its cam time.Looking at Comp Cam XFI cam.236HR or 248 HR?any body got any input on these cams?Video?(Would like to know what it sounds like?)Trying to keep it simple.:smt102

G

·
Currently building a streetable 408 cid engine with Procomp 210 heads,KB forged pistons(10.85 comp),Professional Prod.EFI Hurricane intake,90MM throttlebody etc,etc.Now its cam time.Looking at Comp Cam XFI cam.236HR or 248 HR?any body got any input on these cams?Video?(Would like to know what it sounds like?)Trying to keep it simple.:smt102

The off the shelf cam is fine for 550+ FWHP. Neither will sound "rowdy" with a 114 LS.....but that's a silly criteria for picking a cam anyways....

You won't pick up enough with a custom cam to justify the cost. But....if you decide you want one, you can't go wrong with Ed.

·
FORD
3,662 Posts
I think 550 is a little optimistic. My ported TWs are a better head than the OPs Pro comps, and with a Vic Jr, Pro Systems carb, and Bullet HR, my car is only trapping 119 at 3400 lbs. I've never had it on a dyno, but that's less than 550 by my calculations. More like 500.

G

·
I use an actual dyno....and that...without the Pro Comp part....is a standard combination. I said what I said because that is what the dyno tells me, a hundred times a year, for ten years.....as those heads flow about what a Vic Jr, does.

I have no idea what you get, though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well do do you guys think of the TFS stage 3 cam?It has a 110 LS and sounds nasty.It also helped my buddys Stang go 11.00s with a 351 cid Windsor,World iron heads,13/4 headers.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I trying to have is a car that can be a sort of a throwback. One that can be street driven,sounds nasty,and runs like a bat outta hell.Cars nowadays are all REFINDED and civil.It is npot that the new stuff do not run.Its just that they lack the stuff that made the muscle car era magic.

·
FORD
3,662 Posts
I use an actual dyno....and that...without the Pro Comp part....is a standard combination. I said what I said because that is what the dyno tells me, a hundred times a year, for ten years.....as those heads flow about what a Vic Jr, does.

I have no idea what you get, though.
Good enough. Maybe mine makes more than I think it does. Never know....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Well do do you guys think of the TFS stage 3 cam?It has a 110 LS and sounds nasty.It also helped my buddys Stang go 11.00s with a 351 cid Windsor,World iron heads,13/4 headers.
Go with the TFS cam it matches up with competitor cams so why is one way other competitor better than the TFS?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
In above post I forgot to mention that the price is lower for the stage 3 than other brands with similar numbers. Next cam I will buy will be the stage 3 TFS.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I must agree.This cam is just what I need.For the price and level of this project I would find this cam hard to beat.Thanks a bunch.:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts