Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Got a nitrous/cam related question. The 406 in my Malibu is about 3 years old, low mileage and only a hand full of passes. It's a very mild (smooth idle) street combo, looking to up the cam and start spraying at the track. Did some extensive rear end upgrades recently; 8.5 10 bolt to a fabricated 9" with 35 spline locker and ARB, moly cage by Rick Stevens to keep from getting kicked off the track. Was planning on getting the I.S. street combo once swapping cams.

Basic combo:
78 Malibu with 406
Scat/SRP/6" rod with 9.9:1
AFR 195's, 750 DP, RPM air gap, 1-5/8" headers
TH400 with 10" converter and 3.70's
on 255/60 drag radials it runs [email protected] with 1.62 60'
current cam is a lunati flat tappet hydraulic, 60103

http://www.lunatipower.com/CamSpecCard.aspx?partNumber=60103

I've eliminated my power booster and gone to manual discs so vacuum is not a huge issue. Any cam recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Plan on spraying up to 250.

Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I forgot to mention is fuel system. I'm still running an Edlebrock mechanical 170 pump. Any issues with running that or is this an electric only deal?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Chances are you'll want a little more like we always do. I would invest in a dedicated fuel setup so that you can do whatever you want.

A little better cam and you would feel like you just hit it with spray even off the bottle lol but I can see the appeal of the smooth idle.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chances are you'll want a little more like we always do. I would invest in a dedicated fuel setup so that you can do whatever you want.

A little better cam and you would feel like you just hit it with spray even off the bottle lol but I can see the appeal of the smooth idle.
Thanks for the response. Being a nitrous newbie, now it's just down to researching all the install/activation questions I have. Great info on here...thanks again.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again for the input guys. This spring I was planning on having my frame notched for bigger tires and a set of stainless stepped headers built 1-3/4 x 1-7/8 this spring. I also have a new in the box victor jr I never used because of how mild I went on the motor.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you already have it sitting there I would port match it and slap it on there. It will work better for you for what your doing. That and the headers should make a good difference even with just these items I would think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.