Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had a pair of 28x10-5x15 et drags on my car for 3yrs or so while ive been building my car and have had 25 to 30 psi in them so the car is easier to push around It appears the clearance front and rear of the tyres to the gaurds has got smaller over time the only change to when we cut the quarters for clearance is that the rear sits about an inch lower im concerned i dont have enough clearance now for the amount the tyre will grow Is it at all possible the slicks have stretched over time im thinking its unlikely but you never know also [if it makes any difference] they have no tubes in them My car is ready to go and i dont want to rip up the tyres or the quarters so i thought i would ask before cutting and re painting both quarters

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Yes, it is possible with bias ply race tires they will grow with that much air in them over time. How much clearance do you have?

I would also take all the air from the tires, inflate them to the pressure you plan to run, and check the circumference.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is possible with bias ply race tires they will grow with that much air in them over time. How much clearance do you have?

I would also take all the air from the tires, inflate them to the pressure you plan to run, and check the circumference.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton
jason i have between 5/8 and 3/4 of an inch clearance ill try measuring the circumfrance and see what ive got my other option [i would prefer not to] would be 275/60/15 radials but ill see what my slicks mesure in at first

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jason i have between 5/8 and 3/4 of an inch clearance ill try measuring the circumfrance and see what ive got my other option [i would prefer not to] would be 275/60/15 radials but ill see what my slicks mesure in at first
i measured the cicumfrence and they have definately stretched the m/t catalogue says they should be 88in mine measure in at 92-1 in Now i know that im going to buy another pair of 28x10-5x15 but should i get standard or stiff sidewall my car is 2800lb blown alky smallblock around 850hp standard position suspension id like to hear any opinions

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks jason thats what ive ordered
jason now ive determined my tyres are stretched [should be 88in circumfance mine messure 92-1in] just out of interest would i be right in sumising that they wouldnt grow as much as they normally would as theyve stretched already possibly taking some of the groeth out of them? does that sound right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts