Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a coupler like this on their trailer? I'm working on getting a new trailer and it has one of these installed. Looks strange to me...

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Anyone have a coupler like this on their trailer? I'm working on getting a new trailer and it has one of these installed. Looks strange to me...

that's for a toterhome

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
just about all of the tag trailers that are over 28 ' will have that on them nowdays, they seem to work good

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes we have one on our 30 ft. stacker and it does work very well. Don't know about a lock but would be interested.

Popper
John Lynch

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I have the same thing on my stacker. I looked high and low and was not able to locate any lock. I ended up making one and having it powder coated.

·
RED ROCKET
8,629 Posts
best hitch on the market for a bumper pull trailer.

·
T/S 368E
29,983 Posts

I also seen them on newer stackers, leave it and build or modify a lock.
They say they are stronger and safer than the old style.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just called Atwood. They don't have or know of anyone that has a locking mechanism for this coupler. I asked him why, he said, "That costs a lot of money".

I suppose even if there was a lock on the coupler, someone could just unbolt it from the trailer and bolt on a different coupler...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I was thinking of stitch welding a couple spots so it can not just unbolt but need to find a way to lock a ball in there. Jeff chandler awhile ago said he was working on something for this lock but never heard back yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts