Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system is a 2 stage fogger with the edelbrock progressive on the 2nd stage. My question is is why when the 2nd kit is done, approximately 1.4 seconds into the run, does the engine rpm graph kind of flat line and get a little jagged for about 1/2 second then it shoots up like it normally would to the shift point? The driveshaft rpm line is nice and consistent so the car isn't spinning and it doesn't feel like it is surging at all. Any ideas?

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No after the progressive is all done and we are rolling with all the power in the graph jumps around a bit and then ramps up as normal.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I too would say converter unless there's something in the graph showing some weird voltage stuff at that point also.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
My system is a 2 stage fogger with the edelbrock progressive on the 2nd stage. My question is is why when the 2nd kit is done, approximately 1.4 seconds into the run, does the engine rpm graph kind of flat line and get a little jagged for about 1/2 second then it shoots up like it normally would to the shift point? The driveshaft rpm line is nice and consistent so the car isn't spinning and it doesn't feel like it is surging at all. Any ideas?
Why are you progressing the 2nd stage?
E-mail me the trace [Acquisition file]
[email protected]
Denny

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have data showing N2O activation circuit on/off? I've seen this before on my car when the N2O activation switch was going on/off very quickly.
No data on that. The activation switch should be on the whole run not cycling off and on. Once the progressive is done they are still on.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why are you progressing the 2nd stage?
E-mail me the trace [Acquisition file]
[email protected]
Denny
Denny do you have RPM Product's program to open the files?

I progress the 2nd kit because last year before I put the progressive on I had the 2nd kit on a timer and it worked but it was a decent hit and I was trying to calm it down. I run a 24 jet in the first and a 34 or 36 jet on the 2nd and had it coming in on the timer around 1 second. Now I progress it starting around .9 with a build time around .5 seconds or so. It seems to work pretty good with the car I have.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha. It seems to happen at the same time on each run so I am kind of ruling out a bad micro switch. Hmmm. Probably converter related like was said. I need to call PTC.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Gotcha. It seems to happen at the same time on each run so I am kind of ruling out a bad micro switch. Hmmm. Probably converter related like was said. I need to call PTC.
I dont think so.. I got the traces you sent.. Check your e-mail..
What ignition box do you have?
Denny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts