Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping around for rear end parts for an 8.8. I am looking at 35 spline axle and spool combos and would like to hear what you guys have had the best luck with...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went moser. 35 spline gun drilled. If I remember correctly, I don't think strange would gun drill their 35 spline.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Strange quality is a tad better, Moser's price is a lot better.

With that said, I'm running a Strange spool and Moser axles in my Ford 9's.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Strange. I just built up a 12 bolt with Moser and I'm not too pleased with the axles in particular. The splines are a little sloppy.
Everything I have owned from Strange, except for their shocks, has been top notch.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Mark Williams!
Always got to love the guys who chime in with a higher priced option that wasn't even on the list. :rolleyes:

Moser for me. I have ordered many sets of axles and parts from them in the past. Everything has been as expected and came in a timely matter. Until they give me a reason to go elsewhere they will always get my business.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Moser here....and I like their service.

Recently ordered a custom set of axles and one came in with a few boogered up threads on the flange. I called and they immediately started on a new replacement and sent a UPS pickup for the one that was messed up.

Companies make mistakes, maybe one can argue that "quality control" should have caught it before it went out, but they handled it GREAT.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
I've always run Moser products. Their customer service had been spot on and I've never had a single issue with any of their products. I will continue to do business with them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've called around and the Moser kit would be 665.79 to my front door and the Strange kit is 592.50 through Summit... That's with the 5/8 stud upgrade and the c-clip elim pressed on...

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Always got to love the guys who chime in with a higher priced option that wasn't even on the list. :rolleyes:

Moser for me. I have ordered many sets of axles and parts from them in the past. Everything has been as expected and came in a timely matter. Until they give me a reason to go elsewhere they will always get my business.
The OP had no idea who Mark Williams was, but was looking for info. Maybe he thought strange and Moser were the only options.

The quality difference between moser and the other 2 companies is drastic, I wont ever use moser...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input guys... I called Mark Williams and I'm looking at $2350, plus the housing and shipping(with labor, ready to bolt in)... So that's out. Nice guy though! I'm leaning toward the Strange kit with their cover...

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I've got an 8.5 gm with 35 spline MW spool and Moser axles. Use big ford bearing with gm brakes. Also have an 8.8 with Strange 35 spline package. Spool, axles with c-clip eliminater on 95 mustang with factory disc. Like the strange stuff but don't like 5/8 studs. They sent bolts with sleeves and are a bitch to get wheels on an off. Almost like axle is drilled crooked or bolt is bent.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Strange quality is much better. You pay for what you get.

That said - If anyone needs anything from Strange PM me for a quote. Best prices on the Bullet!

Dennis

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought a Ford 9-inch rear complete assembly (housing, axles, center section) from Strange. It leaked from day one. Had to replace the gasket and then it was fine. Called Strange about it and talked to some bitch who blamed my mechanic (said "your mechanic is probably some kind of gorilla with a wrench") and refused to reimburse me in any way for my costs. My mechanic didn't put the original gasket in (rear was completely assembled from Strange). F' them for their poor service after the sale!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts