Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent our front struts in to strange to get rebuild on our outlaw 10.5 car. They called saying my struts were very old and they needed to be updated. With this update they were now externally adjustable. However when I received the struts I noticed the top eyelet part was different. On my old struts the inner bearing is wider than the housing, which makes sense so the brackets tighten down on the inner bearing allowing the strut to pivot. On the new ones the housing is wider and inner bearing is narrower. Anyone ran into this? Are we suppose to put a washer on both sides of the inner bearing so the strut will move?? I'm so disappointed in strange. Here's some pics. In my hand is the old style. Struts have the new style.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
We have 1" and 1-1/2" wide bearings and both are 1" in dia. I think that bearing in the new eye is 1" dia also. You will have to check and see if these will work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're saying replace the inner bearing with a wider one? Makes sense, just was trying to not have to cut/refab the strut brackets.

·
Registered
270 Posts
call jegs and get bearing spacers enough said good luck killer nova

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Can add spacers(or weld them to the inside of the brackets so they are permanently in place), or do as Clayton is saying, and get the wider bearings. They are held in with a spiral lock type keeper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts