Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a factory strut assembly but I was planning on adding coilovers/struts, 5 lug conversion with 4 pistons brakes and calipers. For a similar cost it looks like I can do a stange engineering assembly. Are the aluminum front strut kits streetable? It says drag racing only, so I wasn't sure. The car will be fairly light ~2500+driver.

http://www.strangeengineering.net/catalog/pdf/127.pdf

Justin

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I know of several cars that have used them for limited driving, never known anyone to use them for a daily type of deal though

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I run them on my race car but if you look at them for the street they lack enough stroke and don't look strong enough to take many big potholes. Everything is rigid mounted with rod ends and no way to lube anything. The steering arms can get bent at a drag strip so any big pothole should become a problem. JMO, RM

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Mine does a wheelie every launch and everything is fine after 5 yrs now. A pothole is alot more violent that pulling a acceleration wheelie which is really pretty soft unless you get to high and lift. Doing that gets real ugly on parts. RM

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Other than the added stroke they don't offer anything my race only struts don't have. For the money I'd call Strange and ask if they are recommended for the street. With 6.5 stroke bump steer has to be an issue with a rack set up. RM

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
The GT struts have 6.5" of travel. Thats fine for the street. The only real reason Strange wouldnt recommend them, other than liability, is that you have to get the drag brakes with them as a package.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have had a set of ss/gt struts from SKRC for my stang for 4 years on the street and track w/ 3" travel and it road great. Very smooth on the street and still run 8's like nothing. It was nothing to drive it to work or go to friends 50 miles away.

JThomsen

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
There is nothing not streetable about the 4 piston caliper, but the rotors are single .300 think steel rotors, most street kits have cast vented rotors.

I have ran drag car type brakes on several cars that got driven more than occasionally but I dont recommend it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts