Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with the rotor not sliding over the axle flange? The original plan was to run the stock brakes (Explorer 8.8 discs), but decided to go to the drag brakes instead. The axles were ordered before the brakes, and the only dimension that was needed for the brakes was the diameter of the stub on the end of the axle for the retainer plate. Right now, we're measuring the axle flange at 6-1/4" diameter and the innermost part of the rotor at 6-1/8". Would it be possible and/or safe to turn the axle flange down so the rotor fits or try and get another rotor? I plan on calling strange tomorrow, but just curious if anyone else has run into this problem?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
we just had this issue with Moser axles....had to send them back. They f'd up and had to cut them down

·
slams revolving doors
3,856 Posts
looks like 6.245 is the size the axles are made at. Unless you spec them different.
You would think strange brakes would fit strange axles. I would call them.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yea, that's my issue. Moser axles and strange brakes. Already had to send the axles back once.
yeah we go into an argument with Moser about it. They kept saying it wasn't their fault but come to find out it was their fault and then after they fixed it wanted us to pay for machine work to fix their fuck up......I lost it at that point and they made it right but it wasn't easy.....never again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts