Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
When you think you bled it enough........ You have a hour or so more to go. I had same issue with twin rear calipers on my mustang and on my 69 camaro.

Try a pressure bleeder. I borrowed a Snap-on to get my camaro done. I think there's a thread on yb somewhere too. I bled that fucker for a week everyday after work. It's spot on now!

Make SURE the rod is long enough. Too short and it will never work.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Pressure bleed starting at the right rear then left rear right front then left front. You will run 3-4qts through the system. I think you can get a pressure bleeder from auto zone on loan or rent.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
On mine it was the position of the bleeder....it had just enough angle on it to get a air bubble. ...i had to take the caliper off and put small piece of wood between and turn caliper up where the bleeder was straight up and it then i had pedal.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
I do mine solo .... I start by gravity bleeding all 4 corners and then shut the bleeders. I then start with the rear's attaching 3/16 clear plastic tubing to the bleeders with the opposite ends at the bottom of bottles of b-fluid, then I "crack" both bleeders open and begin to gently depress the pedal and watch the fluid/air mix going thru the hose (keeping an eye on ms fluid level). When the air in the lines is gone and it's straight fluid, I close the bleeders and then repeat the process on the fronts .....

This method has worked very well for me and I've done it a few times .... kind of a necessity when you don't have friends!!

:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Something to remember when bleeding brakes on a performance system is to leave the cap a little bit loose so the master cylinder is not just bleeding around the seal on suction. We see this issue all the time with circle track brake systems. The little bleed hole in the cap can not keep up with the amount of volume you are trying to push through the system. The fix is to just leave the cap loose enough to bleed some more air into the top side of the res. Now you want to remember to tighten the cap(or put the clip back) as soon as you are finished bleeding as brake fluid is hydroscopic (attracts water). I hope this tidbit helps :) :) -David

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Residual valve on rear , sometimes had to have one on front...Ever which one locked up first, when doing the brake testing in water....Valve solved the problem on mine that was doing the same thing...Also got the wrong m/c plate that bolts to the firewall..They gave me one for a bigblock insted of one for a smallblock...had the master sitting over toward the driver side 3/4 off...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&Ntk=all&Jnar=0&itemPerPage=90&Ne=1%2B2%2B3%2B13%2B1147708&searchTerm=Residual+valve

·
Registered
931 Posts
I always tap the calipers with a rubber mallet when I think I'm done bleeding ... and always get more air out. Do this a couple times and I'm good. Strange brakes

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a mustang with all strange four piston brakes and strange master cylinder.The first time i hit them they are soft then good after that.I relocated the mounting point on the brake pedal so it is level and took 3/4 of a inch out of the factory rod to get the pedal lower to the floor.I also installed a line lock and it is higher than the master cylinder was wondering if that may have something to do with it .I have gravity bled the inner and outer tops of the calipers and vacuum bled the same way with no luck.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.