Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup guys, Just sent a set of strange D/A shocks I bought pretty cheap to have a leak fixed and to get revalved. After talking with the woman on the phone, (who was very helpful) she didn't want me to revalve them until i had them on the car and got track results with them.

I figured that since this is going to be the rear shocks on a small tire, high horsepower application that has alot of anti-squat I would want the rebound to be tighter then the shelf valving. She agreed with me and decided to move it up so that setting 5 now became setting 1. On the compression side she said I should leave it alone. I dis agreed and figured that on an application like this you want the compression to be tighter in order to keep the tire planted after the car gets rollin. Is this thinking correct? I still have time to have them change it, they wont get their until friday.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The strange shock valving is very good out of the box, you may end up wanting the ext. loosened up!
Maybe the D/A valving is different then their single adj, on the single adj i would have them on 8 and 9 clicks to get the car to work well. At that many clicks i only had about .5 inch of seperation on the hit, on the lower settings it would bounce it off the track.

I guess I will find out when I get it moving. Like anything else I guess its trial and error

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff, forgive my lack of knowledge but how would I change it? Moving the caltrac bars?

·
Registered
284 Posts
i started the season off with brand new strange d/a's.sent them back and let them talk me into going 20% stiffer.still not enough!on my car had them full stiff both ways with the to get them to work just sent them back last week to get what they call pro mod valving. hope to find out next week if its any better.i think there stock valving would be fine for a big tire light car but when you have any power with heavy small tire car you better off having firmer shocks.i never had any problems with my single qa1's after i had them specialy valved. ran them the past five years.thought i would give the d/a's a try.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
i started the season off with brand new strange d/a's.sent them back and let them talk me into going 20% stiffer.still not enough!on my car had them full stiff both ways with the to get them to work just sent them back last week to get what they call pro mod valving. hope to find out next week if its any better..

Keep us posted, im pretty I need this update done to mine.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i started the season off with brand new strange d/a's.sent them back and let them talk me into going 20% stiffer.still not enough!on my car had them full stiff both ways with the to get them to work just sent them back last week to get what they call pro mod valving. hope to find out next week if its any better.i think there stock valving would be fine for a big tire light car but when you have any power with heavy small tire car you better off having firmer shocks.i never had any problems with my single qa1's after i had them specialy valved. ran them the past five years.thought i would give the d/a's a try.
I talked to Tracy about the promod valving. She said that the promod valving is really tight on both sides and might be too tight if you dont run on well preped tracks. I still think for a small tire radial combo the compression needs to be stiffer but we will see. Thanks for all the responses guys. Will let you know how it goes when we finally get this thing running

1 - 10 of 10 Posts