Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 mustang with a Moser 9" rearend 35 spline axles. I'm guessing it is a direct bolt in rear. I ordered 8.8 Strange rear brakes and they wont work cause the way the bearing mounts. Were did I go wrong here or will Strange brakes not work on this. I was told by a friend that these used stock 8.8 brakes. Is this correct? If so I need to figure out were im going wrong here.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Sound like you have 9' ends on the housing. There are two that are used most of the time, old and new style. If you measure from the housing flange to the axle flange this should be ethier 2.360" old style or 2.500" new style and will tell you which brake kit you need or Moser should know what ends they are using.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you need to compare the bolt pattern to the strange chart or call Edwin at Strange Edwin Only
9 inch has two types of ends old style and newer type
bearings are the same but pattern is different

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. This was driving me nuts. What I found was the 9" was set up to be a stock replacement. There for it was setup to run stock 99-04 brakes. Yeah I know stupid right. So I was trying to put fox body strange brakes which has a different rotor offset than the 99-04. I bolted stock 99-04 rear brakes right up no problems. I'm thinking now of just changing the ends when I go to narrow it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts