Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am checking the pressure at the caliper. i have read that there should be between 900-1200 psi at the caliper.

is that per side at each bleeder screw, or combine (ex. 600/side)

thanks
kevin

·
Registered
341 Posts
The brakes lines need to be joined with a tee somewhere so they both have the SAME pressure. 600lbs on the front will lead you to the sand box!

·
A Senior Member
3,464 Posts
Right from the STRANGE web site:

WHAT TYPE OF BRAKE PRESSURE DO I NEED TO RUN FRONT AND REAR ON MY MANUAL BRAKE SET-UP?

You should be able to achieve 950-1200 psi on the rear brakes and 700-800 psi on the front brakes. Usually, more brake pressure is used for the rear brakes, since in most drag racing applications, the rear tire has a much larger contact surface (with the pavement), when compared with the front tire; however, builder and driver preference may influence the choice of brake bias.

http://www.strangeengineering.net/website/faq

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Keep in mind other than the pressure differential back to front the "pressure" is the max pressure available, not the amount you see whenever you apply the brakes....IE you want to have enough available to lock the wheels that does not mean when you pass the traps you stand on the brake pedal.

·
A Senior Member
3,464 Posts
Keep in mind other than the pressure differential back to front the "pressure" is the max pressure available, not the amount you see whenever you apply the brakes....IE you want to have enough available to lock the wheels that does not mean when you pass the traps you stand on the brake pedal.
So true in regards to my post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts