Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a sheet metal Hogan intake that had something dropped on the corner of the lip/flange of the plenum . It is bent down/curled about 1/4" . Whats the best way to straighten this without breaking it ?? heat ? no heat ? etc ... also have an aluminum sheetmetal Moroso dry sump oil pan that is a little warped on the pan rail ... how would you straighten these applications also ....

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Ok I have a sheet metal Hogan intake that had something dropped on the corner of the lip/flange of the plenum . It is bent down/curled about 1/4" . Whats the best way to straighten this without breaking it ?? heat ? no heat ? etc ... also have an aluminum sheetmetal Moroso dry sump oil pan that is a little warped on the pan rail ... how would you straighten these applications also ....

Did you drop the intake on the oil pan?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Years ago when I ran fast outboard boats(15' Checkmates rated @115hp I ran 225hp Merc's. We would take cheaper
aluminum props and freeze them and use a ball peen hammer and 2x4 to put a cup on leading edge. Big cup ,(so you could run it 1/2 way out on the water without much slippage) and never split one. Put the piece in freezer overnight. Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts