Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought these pieces from straight shot performance when I ordered some other parts from them a few months back. Seemed like a decent idea for not much money or added weight. I can’t see quite how they fit. No matter how I look at it they just don’t line up. Anyone ever use them have any input or advice? Pictures?

http://www.straightshotperformance.com/product-p/ssp9468.htm

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Those have been around for ages from various makers. The welded end bolts to the inside of the LCA mount, and the spherical end to the outside of the UCA mount, both through the factory bolt holes. The bend clears the hump in the floor pan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I worked with them for a little bit last night, the bolt hole on the non spherical end that bolts to the upper control arm bolt was not opened up to the correct diameter and when installed correctly on the upper bolt the spherical end is at a super hard angle, but it should work. It just seems odd that the rod end is at such a strange angle to the lower control arm bolt.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried contacting straightshot in the past on another question, they made it pretty hard to get to them. This forum is probably the best place for answers out there. And ridicule��

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You may want to try flipping it. The welded section is usually at a much steeper angle on the LCA side, because it angles towards the center of the car. Those look pretty straight, so they may intend for the welded section to be used with the upper mount and a spherical at the LCA. The short end before the kink is usually on the lower side, just enough to clear the floor pan and the diagonals that run to the crossmember.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You may want to try flipping it. The welded section is usually at a much steeper angle on the LCA side, because it angles towards the center of the car. Those look pretty straight, so they may intend for the welded section to be used with the upper mount and a spherical at the LCA. The short end before the kink is usually on the lower side, just enough to clear the floor pan and the diagonals that run to the crossmember.
So I bought these pieces from straight shot performance when I ordered some other parts from them a few months back. Seemed like a decent idea for not much money or added weight. I can’t see quite how they fit. No matter how I look at it they just don’t line up. Anyone ever use them have any input or advice? Pictures?

http://www.straightshotperformance.com/product-p/ssp9468.htm
I tried contacting straightshot in the past on another question, they made it pretty hard to get to them. This forum is probably the best place for answers out there. And ridicule��

·
Registered
773 Posts
MY UMI BRACES WOULDNT FIT BECAUSE MY REAR WAS SO TWEEKED OUTTA PLACE 3 OF US HAD TO PRY/PULL BACK INTO PLACE TO GET BRACES IN...…,

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Did you get these in already?
I have some Hotchkis brand on my '78. They have welded sections on both the top and bottom, with an adjustment in the middle to let you set the length, but I would think that the welded end on yours would need to go on the LCA and the Heimjoint to the UCA.
Here are their instructions, maybe they can help you out with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts