Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Confused Racer
41,597 Posts
despite being meticulously prepared and literally using the best aftermarket parts in the biz,....

bullshit

·
Confused Racer
41,597 Posts
Trans mount broke which is why the scatter shield separated and cause this. Just an FYI for people who don’t know. I used a QuickTime anti-scatter in my car, they work fine in normal conditions.

bullshit

·
Registered
15,044 Posts
Was that a 2nd disc (dual disc clutch), or the pressure plate rolling across the track? That could've fucked someone up!

·
Off the stands for 2018!
20,982 Posts
Trans mount broke which is why the scatter shield separated and cause this. Just an FYI for people who don’t know. I used a QuickTime anti-scatter in my car, they work fine in normal conditions.

bullshit
In all fairness, "in normal conditions", like when the clutch is not flying apart, I bet it does work just fine.:-D

·
Confused Racer
41,597 Posts
In all fairness, "in normal conditions", like when the clutch is not flying apart, I bet it does work just fine.:-D

No i'm not buying it. where is the block plate? why would you need a trans mount to keep the shield together? why was the disc able to leave the containment in 1 piece? Your going to tell me 2 bolts on a trans mount are stronger than 6 in the bell?

·
Off the stands for 2018!
20,982 Posts
No i'm not buying it. where is the block plate? why would you need a trans mount to keep the shield together? why was the disc able to leave the containment in 1 piece? Your going to tell me 2 bolts on a trans mount are stronger than 6 in the bell?
Nope! Just pointing out that under "normal" conditions, that shield is just along for the ride. When conditions STOP being normal, then the shield has to do it's job.....or not.:-D

BTW, I agree that a few things would have to fail AFTER a trans mount let go before it would affect that scatter shield.

Driver is lucky to still have all his toes....

·
Maderator
16,244 Posts

bullshit
How’s about the fact that lots of manual trans vehicles don’t even use a trans mount. Hell I’ve made a pass in my power glide car without the trans cross member in it after a trans swap thrash to make the next round.

·
Confused Racer
41,597 Posts
How’s about the fact that lots of manual trans vehicles don’t even use a trans mount. Hell I’ve made a pass in my power glide car without the trans cross member in it after a trans swap thrash to make the next round.

I build cars without trans mounts, no need for them. But anyway I notice the trans is sitting pretty much where it belongs, hmmmmmmmm

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
I sure wouldn't have him build anything for me .

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Why are the bell housing bolts gone? Inquiring minds want to know
Even before seeing the pics I wondered if maybe he forgot to tighten the bell hsg bolts...or forgot to put them in! then it would make sense that when the trans mount broke it allowed the trans and motor to separate.

...or he used hardware grade bolts in the bell

1 - 20 of 102 Posts