Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since YB has such a diverse amount of membership, do we have any storm chasers on here?

·
SunDial Express
1,437 Posts
Very good question. It would be very interesting to hear some of their stories.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy do I have some questions for them.

·
www.429-460.com
3,565 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon,

stand up and be recognized. :-D

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
I would love to do it but can't get the time away from work.
Let me know when you're ready. I'll assist. I'm definitely not smart enough to know better...

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I used to be an ameture chaser from 95-2000 when I was back in Oklahoma. I got started with a local guy that had been doing it for years. When I was working for channel 9 news in OKC back in 1997 I got to meet and became friends with the chief metieorologist Gary England. (Mr Tornado) Gary set me up with his top cahaser Val Castor and I got to go with him 6 or 7 times. The man is flat out crazy but he is the best,bar none. He put us on an F-4 out in the Texas pan-handle one time that was 3/4 mile wide at the base at a distance of less than a 1/4 mile. Words can not explain the awesomeness of that experience.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to be an ameture chaser from 95-2000 when I was back in Oklahoma. I got started with a local guy that had been doing it for years. When I was working for channel 9 news in OKC back in 1997 I got to meet and became friends with the chief metieorologist Gary England. (Mr Tornado) Gary set me up with his top cahaser Val Castor and I got to go with him 6 or 7 times. The man is flat out crazy but he is the best,bar none. He put us on an F-4 out in the Texas pan-handle one time that was 3/4 mile wide at the base at a distance of less than a 1/4 mile. Words can not explain the awesomeness of that experience.
Or the insanity. :-D

·
Registered
4,700 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like YOU never put yourself in a situation that would make the average man shit his pants. On purpose.
Damn you didn't have to bitch slap me geez LOL :-D

·
Registered
4,700 Posts

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
I chase the surf produced by massive storms, does that count? I know it's not what you're looking for, but we deal with some serious shit in the water

·
Registered
887 Posts
If there is a moderate risk on a raceday............I go chase lol.

Even watching our on video we shot nothing campares to actually being there. And honestly there is more danger involved in just getting there....of course one needs to have some knowledge in whats going on or one could find themselves in a rather life threatening situation.

I know just enough to pick a decent target and not get myself killed.................:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts