Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Guess I'm blessed, Pops is still alive as ever at 72. He's still climbing towers in -50 in the arctic circle and not cause he needs the money, Ma says they have well over a mill in the bank and their house has been paid off for 20 years now. When anyone asks if he's ever going to retire he allways says the day he retires is the day he will die. He's in better shape than most guys half his age.

There's no doubt where I got my gearhead DNA from. Back in high school the folks gave me a hand me down car when they upgraded, an '86 Ford Tempo. What a colossal pile of SHIT that car was, me & Pops rebuilt that shitbox from front to back spending endless hours in the garage wrenching on it, even in the dead of winter with no heater. Just made us tougher, cold weather still dosent really bother me. That car made me hate dooing head gaskets and heater core's even though the head gasket was pretty easy on the 2.3

Tons of great memories and we are still making them. I legit hit the parent lottery.

·
Registered
18,375 Posts
i was 15 at the time, year was 1963, there was a party store in our town, and they had what was called Cigarette loads, looked like little slivers of wood, put one in the end of a cigarette and when they light the cigarette,...…….BANG...blows up the end...……...My dad smoked Swisher Sweet cigars, thought it would be funny to load up a cigar, So, got into his pack he kept in his pickup, and seeing as how it was a cigar, thought that one was not enough so I put three or four in there, poked them down in there with a toothpick...…….week or so went by, never heard anything about it, figure they were duds...…….a sunny Saturday afternoon, we were going out to the job, dad driving, me in the passenger seat, dad puffing on a swisher sweet, ...............….BAM...………..pickup filled with smoke, and the cigar was destroyed...…just like in a cartoon……..scared the shit outta me...……….looked over at my dad, he never flinched, stub of a cigar clamped down in his jaws, looking straight ahead, but his eyes were on me, thru clenched teeth, he said...…..You wouldn't have had anything to do with this would ya?...………...I denied having any knowledge!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I honestly didnt see my father very much growing up. He was in an industry that had him changing jobs all the time. He commuted about 4 hours a day to work, and by the time he got home he just went to bed.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts