Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
There's actually 2 of these shows on. Storage Wars and I can't remember the name of the other one but it just centers on 2 guys who are in business together and their adventures.

Also, now there is American Pickers and Auction King (I think). The auction show is based on a guy in Atlanta.

Auctions are addictive. Ask me how I know.

Saw the Elvis one the other night and it is pretty cool. They claimed since there was like 3000 of one copy and 3000 of the other news paper copy it could be worth up to 90k.

Yeah, sure. And when a guy finds 3000 Mickey Mantle rookie cards in a storage locker, they'll all be worth the same as they are now, too. Right. Ever heard of flooding the market? Showing it on TV just flooded the market for them and now they are worth $1 each, not $3.

The wife and I have been doing this for years. Most units are just typical household items and junk. Make a few bucks on Ebay and Craigslist with it. We did make $45,000 on a pair of units we bought for $247. That is a one in a million shot, no matter what the show shows.

It is hard to buy now, as the people at the auctions are now 10X what they used to be. Yesterday it took two hours to view and bid on four units that were way overpriced. Everybody there was talking about the shows. Be glad when the fad passes. At least they don't know what websites to go one to find these things, or there would be even more people. The lady at the storage place said her phone rings all day with people asking when the auctions are.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.