Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I think it's looking good, it's nice to see some one take the time to tig weld them instead of nasty looking mig welds. It's going in the right direction.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Very clean.. How are they going to strengthen the uppers? More pictures please!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
i tig too but why would you waste the $$ paying someone to tig them? mig is quicker, just a good with the right person doin it and it will rarely ever be seen

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
hey its only $65 an hour, whats the problem ? I would tig everything if my customers wanted it. the welding is one thing but also cleaning all the shit off is what people dont want to pay for

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
more

don't forget, if you have aluminum race seats in your car, best believe atleast 50-80% of it was MIG welded if not fully 100% MIG welded.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
hey its only $65 an hour, whats the problem ? I would tig everything if my customers wanted it. the welding is one thing but also cleaning all the shit off is what people dont want to pay for
anti spatter and wire wheel ;) yeah yeah yeah, I know. The anti spatter smells like burnt chinese food...

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
anti spatter and wire wheel ;) yeah yeah yeah, I know. The anti spatter smells like burnt chinese food...
My point is people are cheap, they want the best looking shit but refuse to pay. They thing that when a 20 yr old car comes in and shit is stuck under it you can just whip up some brackets and weld em on, oh and use the tig please cause it looks pretty. heres $20

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
look ok for being bench welded. still not as nice as the welds he did from his back and not being bare steel. not to mention a tig weld is stronger....

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
My point is people are cheap, they want the best looking shit but refuse to pay. They thing that when a 20 yr old car comes in and shit is stuck under it you can just whip up some brackets and weld em on, oh and use the tig please cause it looks pretty. heres $20
Yeah I know. I've ad some people that would bitch if it were $500 or $5000. I figure if they're going to bitch either way, atleast I can get paid to hear them bitch :)

look ok for being bench welded. still not as nice as the welds he did from his back and not being bare steel. not to mention a tig weld is stronger....

holy shit dude, this is like street racing. Now you're adding stips. awesome.

I've never said one thing negative about the work being done. I know overhead welding is a bitch, odd postions welding is a bitch. I've been cramped up in a back seat with the pedal between my knees welding overhead, I know how it is but when you ask for nice MIG welds and I give them to you, all you say is "looks ok...but". Thanks, I'll take that as an insult.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts