Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most were removed some years ago, and it was confirmed at that time there weren't the resources available to collect on tickets given by them. Thinking they were all gone...I recently saw a couple cameras and wondered if it's still fact those tickets can't be enforced or collected on? Anyone have info? THX

·
remembers
1,279 Posts
Dont know about Cali, but I got a camera ticket in TN and on the ticket it clearly says that you dont have to pay the ticket, nor will an officer come to visit you, and some other b.s. Long story short, they turned me in to a collection agency and a 50$ ticket cost me 183$. The police chief of Kingsport TN is a lying s.o.b.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Depends on the locations.

The ones in Napa are still there and they've added additional in the last few years. They're all (in Napa) enforceable and the tickets are issued through the sheriff department.

Not all of them are legally enforceable elsewhere.

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
You do NOT have to pay it ..And if they come get you I'll lend you a 10lb Sledge to make little rocks outta big ones.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Went through this crap in my town.

State law stated 1 second of caution light per 10 mph of posted speed. Main thoroughfare was timed at 3 seconds in a 50 MPH zone.

NJDOT came out and timed the light and hundreds of tickets were dismissed and refunded.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
if the ticket is initiated from a private sector and not reviewed and initiated form LEO you can have it thrown out. The basis of a video violation is not grounds for dismissal itself. You have to prove the ticket was or was not a uniform violation. As well question if the city processes and reviews each and every violation prior to citation

I researched this recently, there are a few good vids out there and case examples to use in traffic court for dismissal.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,276 Posts
I TEST ALL ROAD CAMERAS....WHEN I DRIVE...USUALLY IN RENTALS...

·
Mother Hen
50,944 Posts
Dont know about Cali, but I got a camera ticket in TN and on the ticket it clearly says that you dont have to pay the ticket, nor will an officer come to visit you, and some other b.s. Long story short, they turned me in to a collection agency and a 50$ ticket cost me 183$. The police chief of Kingsport TN is a lying s.o.b.
If it says you don't have to pay it, then why did you?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I think a lot of them camera's are installed and run by third party companies. Not sure how it is cooperated with the courts but, basically, it is just free money for the community if you pay the fine.

Not related but, I got a speeding ticket in, I believe, Ventura county about 10 years ago. CA and WI do not have a reciprocity agreement so, they are pretty much ass out.

I get a notice every year for the $500+ that I owe. About 3 years ago, I said fuck it, I'll pay 1/2 in case I have to drive out there again. Called the number, transferred around until I could get someone who, supposedly, could wheel and deal. I make my offer and they say they can not do anything without my SSN. I tell them, you got my name and address, send me a bill for 1/2 and I will send a check immediately. No Go W/O SSN.

Done that for the last 3 years. Last time I told her well, I guess we'll talk again next year. Bye. You think they would put a note in the computer. "If this fucker ever calls again offering 50%, take the cash!"

Oh, and another thing they wanted was my phone number. They're not getting that. Don't need them pestering me. I'll call on my time.

·
Registered
527 Posts
They removed them from Missouri because there deemed unconstitutional. It seems that ever one that was contested was thrown out. I think it was something to do with confronting one's accuser.

Rocky

·
Mother Hen
50,944 Posts
Well, you don't "Have" to pay your taxes either, but they eventually will have a room in Leavenworth waiting for you if you don't.

Rocky
The reason I was asking is that there was a post from one of my Tennessee cousins when her teenager got a camera ticket. Everyone told her not to pay it that there wasn't anything they could do about it except turn it over to collections and it apparently doesn't give you much of any ding on your credit report, if at all. The cameras are run by an independent company that splits profits with the town. I don't know that they are ever actually reviewed by an officer.

·
Moderater
13,159 Posts
I TEST ALL ROAD CAMERAS....WHEN I DRIVE...USUALLY IN RENTALS...
Rentals just cost you more. I was driving back to Orlando from the Daytona 500 at 1am and missed my exit. Did a little loop around. A month later the rental car company sent me the 3 dollar toll fee with a 80 dollar processing fee.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
27,379 Posts
There is still one in at Los Alamitos and Katella in Los Alamitos. The local cops make a million a month off of it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Lol. Quillen?

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,794 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts