1 - 20 of 3437 Posts

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
I'd steal it back.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
OP are you drunk? How is it the cops fault?

So if your neighbors want you arrested, but what they want you arrested for is not against the law, and the cops wont arrest you, they should be mad at the cops? Oh, ok.

"This sec­tion barred pros­e­cu­­tion for theft completed more than three years before commence­ment of pros­e­cu­­tion where state produced no evidence that defendant retained some form of interest in or control over the stolen prop­erty after pos­ses­sion was given to third-party purchaser, even though final pay­ment was made by third party within three years of filing in­for­ma­­tion. State v. Bailey, 94 Or App 767, 767 P2d 114 (1989)"

·
Banned
30,234 Posts
Fucked up for sure :rolleyes:

Original owners will end up taking up the arse for legal fees and still not get it back as the cunt who has it now is obviously loaded......cunts.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm sure someone on here can get the phone number of the guy that has the car lee sitton. Power of the bullet may help convince him to do the right thing.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Steal it back. In three years bust out with it. :rolleyes:
Why would he have to wait three years? Just go get plates and insurance, show up and drive that bitch away. If the cops show up you show them your title, reg, ins and tell them to have a nice day. You can't get in trouble for stealing your own car can you?

·
Banned
30,234 Posts
Why would he have to wait three years? Just go get plates and insurance, show up and drive that bitch away. If the cops show up you show them your title, reg, ins and tell them to have a nice day. You can't get in trouble for stealing your own car can you?

^^^^Dunno, has the law ever favoured criminals ;)

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Just go get plates and insurance, show up and drive that bitch away. If the cops show up you show them your title, reg, ins and tell them to have a nice day. You can't get in trouble for stealing your own car can you?
Basically how i see it. If they have the title and likely the keys, its simply a matter of going and picking the car up. The police should support this as the title is still in the original owners name. No brainer here

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
The actual OWNER should have the keys to the car, go drive it home, INS and tag it with the ORIGINAL title and the have the police report handy of when it was stolen. Looks like indisputable line of REAL ownership to me.
Third parties take in the ass. That's what happens when you buy stolen property.
The STATE should have seized the car as soon as the its VIN reappeared. Then returned it to the rightful owner.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

So if your neighbors want you arrested, but what they want you arrested for is not against the law, and the cops wont arrest you, they should be mad at the cops? Oh, ok.
hey ass wipe,show me where i said it was the cops' fault.

i swear,some of you motherfuckers need to go back

and take your GED exam again.

·
Registered
19,477 Posts

"This sec*tion barred pros*e*cu**tion for theft completed more than three years before commence*ment of pros*e*cu**tion where state produced no evidence that defendant retained some form of interest in or control over the stolen prop*erty after pos*ses*sion was given to third-party purchaser, even though final pay*ment was made by third party within three years of filing in*for*ma**tion. State v. Bailey, 94 Or App 767, 767 P2d 114 (1989)"
Pretty easy, The original owners have the Title for it the current owner only has a bill of sale for it Oregon law stipulates that a purchased vehicle must be titled after purchase within 30 days it has never been done Why How is it insured by current owner in case something were to happen as according to state records it is still owned by original owners who have a police report stating car was stolen. The new owner should supply title to car if he cannot do so then he legally does not hold ownership to said car as State records show who owns it. Pretty simple but when your rich can get away with robbery apparently.

·
Registered
38,984 Posts
The actual OWNER should have the keys to the car, go drive it home, INS and tag it with the ORIGINAL title and the have the police report handy of when it was stolen. Looks like indisputable line of REAL ownership to me.
There's a catch. The ORIGINAL title may have been superseded, possibly by a bonding company who didn't do their homework. If that's the case, it all has to be worked out in civil court. If the original owners show up at the 3rd party's home with the original title and just take the car, THEY might be the ones who wind up in the Steel Chateau.

The current title status HAS to be determined.

1 - 20 of 3437 Posts