Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 351w with a .523 lift cam and 1.6 roller rockers. I have a set of factory cast aluminum valve covers from a 5.0 mustang and was wondering if the rockers would clear.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
depends on the rocker , might have to take off the baffle and possibly grind the boss down , it hits the polylock

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are scorpions. If it won't clear I will get some tall valve covers

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
best way to find out is to put the covers on and start it up. If you hear noise you're not supposed to....well...

Jarred, if that doesn't work, and if you're interested. I have some steel covers for a 351W Claimer Engine that look like old steel covers but they're 3/4" taller. They're new in the box, just a cheap option.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will probaly just put them on and roate the motor to see if they hit. I just kinda liked the idea on saying its a stock van motor. lol

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
I will probaly just put them on and roate the motor to see if they hit. I just kinda liked the idea on saying its a stock van motor. lol
Hell put some of them cheap chrome ones on from the parts store. Tell them the old ones were beat up. We will know the difference but hopefully your friends don't visit the bullet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts